+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Windsor 2014 Applicants

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
I have been a Canadian for about 10 days now.. just wanted to post my ecas timeline for anyone who might be looking for info...

The ecas status says "Complete...
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 1, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.
We sent you a notice on April 30, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a letter on June 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
You became a Canadian citizen on July 15, 2015.

There was a local office transfer line in there (March 13) but that disappeared along the way.. good luck to all of you waiting/applying..
Congratulation itguy78, thank you for sharing your experiences. I am expecting my test invitation soon.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have applied from windsor. Here is my timeline as per e-cas

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 9, 2015.

Waiting eagerly....
I was wondering if changing the address at this point will be a problem? I am planning to go back to home country for some time? But then I will have to change the mailing address....is it worth it? dont want to delay this at all

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sparkle said:
Hello All,

I have applied from windsor. Here is my timeline as per e-cas

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 9, 2015.

Waiting eagerly....
I was wondering if changing the address at this point will be a problem? I am planning to go back to home country for some time? But then I will have to change the mailing address....is it worth it? dont want to delay this at all
If you don't *need* to move or travel right now, don't do it -- you must notify CIC if you move or travel for 2 weeks or more.. also after that C-24 you may raise some concerns about intent to reside if you leave the country for an extended time during your application. Chances are you'll be doing the test and taking the oath soon anyway.

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
Dears ,I have applied from windsor and cic received my file March 23 and started processing my file on June 9,my status still in process ,now I have a big problem that my old passport that expired in may 2015 is lost as I sent it through my embassy to my origin country to issue new one and they have kept it and sent me new one ,when I asked them about the old one they said already void and the officer at my embassy mistakenly wrote that I don't need it and been destroyed ,I asked for letter explaining so and they said they don't do this ,am totally frustrated and I don't know what to do as I expect my test soon and wouldn't know what to tell the officer when he asks me for my old passport ,I feel they will issue an RQ even though I've been in the country for more then 1400 days ,please help me

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamieh said:
Dears ,I have applied from windsor and cic received my file March 23 and started processing my file on June 9,my status still in process ,now I have a big problem that my old passport that expired in may 2015 is lost as I sent it through my embassy to my origin country to issue new one and they have kept it and sent me new one ,when I asked them about the old one they said already void and the officer at my embassy mistakenly wrote that I don't need it and been destroyed ,I asked for letter explaining so and they said they don't do this ,am totally frustrated and I don't know what to do as I expect my test soon and wouldn't know what to tell the officer when he asks me for my old passport ,I feel they will issue an RQ even though I've been in the country for more then 1400 days ,please help me
Most likely they would only issue RQ if they have reason to think that you haven't been in Canada enough to fulfill the physical presence requirement. If you held a job or went to school in the 4 years prior to the application it would greatly support your claim of physical presence. If you did not work or go to school, but you are married and/or have children who had a job/school that would also help your case. Chances are you will only need your passport for the interview (after taking the test) and that will be your chance to explain what happened and show the new passport and show any supporting proof of physical presence. You can request yout CBSA entry/exit records (and CBP records if you went to the USA in the 4-year period). If you had any communication (emails/letters) with the embassy in regards to what happened to your old passport, I would suggest to print it out and take it with you as well. What really would help your case here is if you had a copy of all pages of your old passport, you are required submit a copy of the bio page with your application so at least they have that. Since you haven't done anything wrong and it's not your fault that you don't have your old passport, you shouldn't be penalized because of that, but you still should prepare yourself with as much proof of what happened as possible (to convince the officer that this is really what happened). The officers in Windsor seem very reasonable from what I experienced and heard from others, so prepare yourself, tell the truth, don't hide anything and you should be fine.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hi guys:

Any news from Windsor applicants? I have noticed that some applicants stopped updating their timeline for October. I am still IP.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi guys:

Any news from Windsor applicants? I have noticed that some applicants stopped updating their timeline for October. I am still IP.
I got a letter the other day for fingerprints. Nothing else thus far.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I got a letter the other day for fingerprints. Nothing else thus far.
Good luck Alurra71, hopefully by the end of this month, you will get a test invitation. Just do it ASAP.

Did you get it as an email? Does your Ecas show this process?

ty

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Good luck Alurra71, hopefully by the end of this month, you will get a test invitation. Just do it ASAP.

Did you get it as an email? Does your Ecas show this process?

ty
Ecas got an updated line about sending me a letter. It as sent by regular postal mail, not email. I have an appointment for prints tomorrow morning. ;)

Reactions: Whocares

Zaiba

Jan 16, 2018
I applied for citizenship on 26th oct They received in a week, AOR in mid December n until now didn’t recieve anything yet...any idea how much time it will take to get IP from them. Thanks