Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pomtoby said:
Got oath letter today.

My time line:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship on April 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 3, 2014.

e-cas reviced line disappeared around end of sep.

We sent you a notice on November 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 22, 2014

Oath on January 21, 2015 :)
Hi Pomtoby,
How was your oath? What did they ask for at the oath ceremony?

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WindsorOn said:
They never asked me for it...
Hi WindsorON
Congrats on your oath, how did it go? What documents did they ask for during the interview, just the landing paper and PR card?

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My journey has come to an end...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 30, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2014.

We sent you a notice on January 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 20, 2015. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

They gave me the oath letter on the spot after the interview

You became a Canadian citizen on February 18, 2015.

The interview was super smooth, the officer barely looked at my passport. Didn't even look at the translations that I had done of all non English stamps and just asked what I was doing right now, that was about it. She was super friendly!! Not at all what I was expecting based on what I had heard. She then said she doesn't have any concerns and gave me an oath letter on the spot. She also emphasized that I should only bring my PR and Landing paper for the oath and nothing else. The oath ceremony was roughly 2 and half hours long that was about it, short and sweet.
The next day I was already in the system thus I applied for my passport.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats all new citizens! Thanks for sharing your experience.

My eCas updated to in-process today, just wanted to post an update.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Anyone from Windsor received any positive updates? -You would think that the smaller the city/local office is would be the quicker the process but not at all.

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Anyone from Windsor received any positive updates? -You would think that the smaller the city/local office is would be the quicker the process but not at all.
IKR? Applied in June 2014 and got acknowledgment letter through email, until now no test date for me :(

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zwt10 said:
IKR? Applied in June 2014 and got acknowledgment letter through email, until now no test date for me :(
My application was transferred to Windsor's local office on March 13th.
I guess it varies by case and also if it's single/family. I have a friend who applied in July, received AOR (by regular mail) in December, got the test invite at the end of January, got oath date on the spot after the test and by the end of February he became a Citizen (very similar to Windsor_PHD). This same friend has co-workers that had applied earlier than him and are still waiting to do the test.

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
Hi Windsor applicants,am a single applicant that applied lately to citizenship ,still no AOR yet,just wanted to join windsor applicants thread...

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
itguy78 said:
My application was transferred to Windsor's local office on March 13th.
I guess it varies by case and also if it's single/family. I have a friend who applied in July, received AOR (by regular mail) in December, got the test invite at the end of January, got oath date on the spot after the test and by the end of February he became a Citizen (very similar to Windsor_PHD). This same friend has co-workers that had applied earlier than him and are still waiting to do the test.
I can tell you that although your file has been transferred they (CIC) will have to wait for your file to arrive which does not take days but weeks and months to arrive at local office. They claimed its boxes upon boxes. Its so sad that the smaller the city you would think that its the quicker but its the very opposite.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
I can tell you that although your file has been transferred they (CIC) will have to wait for your file to arrive which does not take days but weeks and months to arrive at local office. They claimed its boxes upon boxes. Its so sad that the smaller the city you would think that its the quicker but its the very opposite.
I appreciate the insight -- I have heard/read mostly good things about the Windsor office but I'm not keeping high hopes for a speedy process since my case is a family application which is slower in general anyway. Plus I have no plans of leaving or staying outside of Home/Canada anytime soon anyway so I'll just wait patiently.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WindsorFeb15Aspirant said:
Congratulation! How was the interview?
The 3 interview officers on that day seemed (as far as I could tell) very friendly. The one officer who interviewed me was very polite and professional, she was also very direct in her questions and even explained why she was asking such questions. At some point she said she was satisfied with all the information we provided and that she would pass our applications to the judge but that all oath dates were full at least until July. So I think it went as well/pleasant as an interview of this kind could go. I came in prepared with a pile of paperwork/proof and didn't need to show anything but our passports (as our paperwork/application was already in hands). So far the Windsor office is living up to it's good reputation -- I'm glad to be here.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
The 3 interview officers on that day seemed (as far as I could tell) very friendly. The one officer who interviewed me was very polite and professional, she was also very direct in her questions and even explained why she was asking such questions. At some point she said she was satisfied with all the information we provided and that she would pass our applications to the judge but that all oath dates were full at least until July. So I think it went as well/pleasant as an interview of this kind could go. I came in prepared with a pile of paperwork/proof and didn't need to show anything but our passports (as our paperwork/application was already in hands). So far the Windsor office is living up to it's good reputation -- I'm glad to be here.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good Luck with the Oath!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been a Canadian for about 10 days now.. just wanted to post my ecas timeline for anyone who might be looking for info...

The ecas status says "Complete...
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 1, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.
We sent you a notice on April 30, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a letter on June 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
You became a Canadian citizen on July 15, 2015.

There was a local office transfer line in there (March 13) but that disappeared along the way.. good luck to all of you waiting/applying..