+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Windsor 2014 Applicants

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone need to translate the stamps in their passport? if yes where did you guys do it?

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I went to YMCA to translate the stamps and it was acceptable for the officer. Although if you could request for a CBSA , they will consider it more than translate of the stamps.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
I went to YMCA to translate the stamps and it was acceptable for the officer. Although if you could request for a CBSA , they will consider it more than translate of the stamps.
Thank you!!

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WindsorOn said:
Got the Oath letter I will be going on January 15, 2015...

Application received 04/25/2014
Started processing 07/02/2014
Test: Dec. 22, 2014
Oath January 15, 2015.

Windsor office..
Hi,
Can you please tell me in your oath letter what they told you to bring?

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WindsorOn said:
Pretty much same as the test date... The same boxes where checked... Passports, IDs and the landing paper...
Congrats on becoming a Canadian citizen soon! Just want to ask if they asked to see your original proof of language during your interview? I have submitted my originals to ICAS for assessment and still waiting on it. I'm afraid I'll be scheduled for test before I get it back.thanks :)

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my trip is almost end i did perfect in the exam (me and my wife ) i got 20/20 and my wife got 18/20 the we interview by an officer for almost an hour because i have many absent out side the country but overall she was very nice and the good thing that i had the oath letter at the same time and it will be in Feb 4

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HansTimmers

Jan 13, 2015
Hello all,

Congratulations for those of you who have already received the oath invitation.

A simple question here regarding the oath invitation:

- When the Oath Invitation Letter is received by regular mail, is the CIC online system updated with the oath ceremony date as well?

I have passed my exam with my wife on the 3rd of September 2014, and we were told to expect oath ceremony between 4 to 8 weeks; till now nothing happened, and no news from CIC.

To share with you my timeline:
-Application received: February 10th 2014
-AOR & Study Material sent on: February 10th 2014
-Started Processing your Application: March 17th 2014
-RQ Received: May 5th 2014
-RQ Sent: June 5th 2014
-Citizenship Test & Interview: September 8th 2014

I have called CIC Call Center last week, where the officer informed me that the file is still under process, and that it might take up to two more years for the case to be finalized, since this is a routine case :(

I have also asked for the ATIP in December and did not receive it yet.

Would appreciate sharing with me your opinion and experience, especially those of you who had had RQ matter.

Hans

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mham said:
my trip is almost end i did perfect in the exam (me and my wife ) i got 20/20 and my wife got 18/20 the we interview by an officer for almost an hour because i have many absent out side the country but overall she was very nice and the good thing that i had the oath letter at the same time and it will be in Feb 4

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wow that's great news!!! I didn't know Windsor gave out oath notices on the spot :)

pomtoby

Nov 24, 2014
Got oath letter today.

My time line:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship on April 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 3, 2014.

e-cas reviced line disappeared around end of sep.

We sent you a notice on November 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 22, 2014

Oath on January 21, 2015 :)