+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will they consider an updated reference letter???

Jhendi

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2, 2013
AOR Received.
May 25, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Jan. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 5, 2014
I found out that some job description in hrsdc based in my NOC was not included in my reference letter in my application package. I would like to submit an updated one. Im not sure if they will consider it. Im worried. :'( :'( :'(

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Jhendi said:
I found out that some job description in hrsdc based in my NOC was not included in my reference letter in my application package. I would like to submit an updated one. Im not sure if they will consider it. Im worried. :'( :'( :'(
May be link below can answer ur question
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-finally-asked-cec-if-they-consider-update-documents-t167474.0.html

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
Jhendi said:
I am in little bit same situation where I have additional responsibilities in my letter than NOC code. Thinking whether to send an updated one or not.. :-\

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Jhendi said:
Quite frankly, we don't know. Some other user is having a similar problem, but even
this user doesn't know for now, as no decision has been made so far.
Submit an updated letter and hope for the best.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
HopesAlive said:
I am in little bit same situation where I have additional responsibilities in my letter than NOC code. Thinking whether to send an updated one or not.. :-\
You have additional duties in the letters that are not mentioned on the HRSDC website matching your NOC?
As long as those duties match the job title, this won't be an issue. I have additional duties as well,
as it's quite normal that you perform more duties than mentioned on the website.

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
I sent an updated reference letter because I didn`t feel I had enough duties and responsibilities and they considered it. Infact, I`m in the final stages of the process. So send anyway, it might really help your application!

Jhendi

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2, 2013
AOR Received.
May 25, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Jan. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 5, 2014
Thank you guys for the response specially lolita. i will send an updated letter right away with additional job responsibilities on it.

Jhendi

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2, 2013
AOR Received.
May 25, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Jan. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 5, 2014
lolita22 said:
I sent an updated reference letter because I didn`t feel I had enough duties and responsibilities and they considered it. Infact, I`m in the final stages of the process. So send anyway, it might really help your application!

Hi lolita,

If you dont mind, can you share me an idea what should i write in my cover letter why im sending an updated reference letter? Or anyone?

Thanks

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Jhendi said:
Hi lolita,

If you dont mind, can you share me an idea what should i write in my cover letter why im sending an updated reference letter? Or anyone?

Thanks
Did u saw the link I posted, I mailed them asking about updated letter , they replied me but not sure if they are clearly saying yes

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
Jhendi said:
Hi lolita,

Thanks
I told them that I noticed the list of duties and responsibilities wasnt sufficient so attached is an updated letter. I hope you can take it into consideration.

When I looked at my GCMS notes, they said that based on the reference letter after lock-in date (which means the updated one), work experience has been met. So I don`t see any harm in sending them that letter.

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
iam_toby said:
You have additional duties in the letters that are not mentioned on the HRSDC website matching your NOC?
As long as those duties match the job title, this won't be an issue. I have additional duties as well,
as it's quite normal that you perform more duties than mentioned on the website.
Yeah..but that is why I am little bit worried as it is very subjective to debate on whether the additional duties are also part of other NOC code or not.. on the other hand I also don't want to give them any chance for confusion.. :(
Thanks for your inputs Toby!