+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my PR card issuing be affected by the IRCC protest last week as I need to travel. Please advise if anyone has any idea

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will my PR card issuing be affected by the IRCC protest last week as I need to travel. Please advise if anyone has any idea
Depending on how far along the process of issuing your card is, you could very well be impacted.

You will need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada, or, if you can return via the U.S., you can re-enter Canada at a land PoE in a personal vehicle or on foot. The valid PR Card is only really needed, if returning to Canada via a commercial carrier.

Reactions: mohammad.faris
Apr 29, 2023
Is it easy to get PRTD
Depending on how far along the process of issuing your card is, you could very well be impacted.

You will need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada, or, if you can return via the U.S., you can re-enter Canada at a land PoE in a personal vehicle or on foot. The valid PR Card is only really needed, if returning to Canada via a commercial carrier.
Will I get the PRTD easily considering I have only been in Canada for two weeks. Also does the PRTD requires again a lot of documentation, supportings with the whole tedious process or is it a fairly easy thing if you have your COPR. ?
Thanks in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it easy to get PRTD

Will I get the PRTD easily considering I have only been in Canada for two weeks. Also does the PRTD requires again a lot of documentation, supportings with the whole tedious process or is it a fairly easy thing if you have your COPR. ?
Thanks in advance
Check this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/divorce-application-before-spouse-landing.795044/

And try to join this FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/416244420203473

I cannot tell you how the strike will impact you, but common sense would say that it will. The PRTD (and a PR Card renewal application) are much simpler.

Can you return via the U.S., as mentioned, to eliminate the need altogether?

Reactions: mohammad.faris
Apr 29, 2023
For some reason I applied for the US visa and it was rejected. And now the new interview date is after a year which also I am not sure if I will get the visa. That's why travelling through US is not an option for me.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For some reason I applied for the US visa and it was rejected. And now the new interview date is after a year which also I am not sure if I will get the visa. That's why travelling through US is not an option for me.
Then your only hope is with the PRTD approval.

Good luck!

Apr 29, 2023
I landed first time on 28 Feb 2023 and flew back to UAE on 15 March 2023. And I have been in UAE since then. So almost been 1 month and 15 days now that I am outside Canada after getting the PR

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed first time on 28 Feb 2023 and flew back to UAE on 15 March 2023. And I have been in UAE since then. So almost been 1 month and 15 days now that I am outside Canada after getting the PR
Did you provide an address in Canada where your PR Card is to be mailed (family member, or friend)? If so, the person could courier the PR Card to you in the UAE and you would not need a PRTD.

Seems like DHL is pretty popular, but if you choose this option, be sure to ask them if there are any restrictions in the UAE prohibiting a card with an RFID Chip inside to be imported.

Apr 29, 2023
Yes I did but I'm worried if the again rejected my pictures as my pictures were fine in the first place but they still rejected them. I have submitted again new pictures and waiting for the process but the IRCC protest might cause my PR card printing to be delayed. They had given 5 months to provide pictures and I shared in the first month so 4 months are there for them to process the card. Hope they process it and send it to my Canadian address.

Apr 29, 2023
Hi guys! My Pictures were accepted and they printed my PR Card. Thank you everyone for the help. I'll share the timelines for reference if anyone finds it helpful.
Letter received for picture rejection: 15 March 2023
Pictures taken and sent to CPC Sydney: 20 April 2023
(Protest from IRCC employees started from 19 April 2023 till 30 April 2023)

Got my card on : 06 May 2023

Reactions: Ponga