+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WILL MY COURSE RETAKE EFFECTS PGWP

Batman23

Feb 24, 2021
Hello everyone I’m a international student doing 2year full time program
I’m in a 3rd semester now I’m in panic mode I just have question please help me out with this which is

I’ve failed in one course in first semester and after completing my second semester I’ve completed that one failed course in scheduled break will this effects my PGWP ???
2) if it’s refused what are the solutions to tackle this ??

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019

Batman23

Feb 24, 2021
That class that you failed, if you take away that class, were you still full time? For example, in some schools, you are considered full-time if you take three classes, so if I take five classes and fail 1, I will have four classes left, which still makes me full-time.

This link has some past forums with the same situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-failing-a-course-affect-pgwp-eligiblity.694498/
Yes I’m a full time student but I don’t know the point that we are not supposed to take course retake untill or unless it’s a last semester now I got to know that will it be a problem in getting pgwp??

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Yes I’m a full time student but I don’t know the point that we are not supposed to take course retake untill or unless it’s a last semester now I got to know that will it be a problem in getting pgwp??
If you were still full-time after failing that 1 class, you should be fine. Course retake doesn't affect PGWP, it is the full-time status.

Batman23

Feb 24, 2021
If you were still full-time after failing that 1 class, you should be fine. Course retake doesn't affect PGWP, it is the full-time status.
Can you please tell me in brief what full time exactly means because there were 6 courses in one semester I’ve failed in one course and took that course again in scheduled break

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Can you please tell me in brief what full time exactly means because there were 6 courses in one semester I’ve failed in one course and took that course again in scheduled break
In your current school, how many classes/courses are considered full-time?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Six courses
I see. I am doing some research to see if failing courses affect the status since most people say, failing one course, you will have five courses left, which now makes you part-time. This is because some school requires the student to pass all classes to be considered full-time. I suggest you talk to your international student office/admission office and ask if the status does change if a student fails 1 class.