+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Failing A Course Affect PGWP Eligiblity?

StealthyCelery

Feb 24, 2020
Lets say you're a full time student (meeting the minimum credit requirements for full time status), however you fail one of your courses in one semester.

Will this affect your PGWP eligiblity? My college says full time status is 9 credits or more. So if you fail one course, and repeat it next semester, will you still be counted as a full time student for semester?

Is it common for students to fail courses and repeat it later and still get the PGWP?

PS: I know that failing sometimes can mean being put on academic suspension. But what if you simply just fail?? No suspension.

StealthyCelery

Feb 24, 2020
After you failed that course do you still have 9 credits for that semester? If not, then you are not full time I think
I have 3 courses and each course is 3 credits. So if I fail that course, will I become part time?? I thought part time depends on how many courses you take each semester, so if I continue to study the course this semester, am I not still full time for this semester?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Part time and full time is totally dependent on how your college/university defines it. Different institutions are different. If by taking 3 courses you are full time then you are fine but if you require passing 3 courses to be full time then you are in trouble. The best person to contact is your school's registar/academic advising

Reactions: StealthyCelery

StealthyCelery

Feb 24, 2020
Part time and full time is totally dependent on how your college/university defines it. Different institutions are different. If by taking 3 courses you are full time then you are fine but if you require passing 3 courses to be full time then you are in trouble. The best person to contact is your school's registar/academic advising
They'll just redirect me to the immigration consultant and its very difficult to get hold of them :/ That's why I'm asking here

kikkat

Star Member
May 18, 2020
Lets say you're a full time student (meeting the minimum credit requirements for full time status), however you fail one of your courses in one semester.

Will this affect your PGWP eligiblity? My college says full time status is 9 credits or more. So if you fail one course, and repeat it next semester, will you still be counted as a full time student for semester?

Is it common for students to fail courses and repeat it later and still get the PGWP?

PS: I know that failing sometimes can mean being put on academic suspension. But what if you simply just fail?? No suspension.
Did you find you answer? Is a person full time if he fails a course and due to that, his total credits count goes below 9 credits for that particular semester. Please reply