+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my bachelor degree in fine art meet the requirements for NOC 7294 - Painters and decorators?

zhu9

Jan 15, 2021
I'm currently a PWGP holder in a situation which I might need to apply for a closed work permit for a house painter position in 6 months as my PWGP is expiring.

The trade certificate in the province I will be working in isn't compulsory for house painters.

Through my study in fine art I have strong understanding in color mixing, and brushing techniques, and I've been dealing with airbrushing/spray gun since high school. By the time for the closed work permit application I will have at most 6 months of experience as a house painter.

How will the immigration officer determine my eligibly as a house painter? Since the trade certificate isn't compulsory, and if my employer is satisfied with my performance, will my experience be deemed sufficient enough by the immigration officer for the job, or am I overqualified with a university degree?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm currently a PWGP holder in a situation which I might need to apply for a closed work permit for a house painter position in 6 months as my PWGP is expiring.

The trade certificate in the province I will be working in isn't compulsory for house painters.

Through my study in fine art I have strong understanding in color mixing, and brushing techniques, and I've been dealing with airbrushing/spray gun since high school. By the time for the closed work permit application I will have at most 6 months of experience as a house painter.

How will the immigration officer determine my eligibly as a house painter? Since the trade certificate isn't compulsory, and if my employer is satisfied with my performance, will my experience be deemed sufficient enough by the immigration officer for the job, or am I overqualified?
Generally they would be looking for previous experience as a house painter. Are you working for this employer already now?

zhu9

Jan 15, 2021
Generally they would be looking for previous experience as a house painter. Are you working for this employer already now?
Not yet, just trying to plan out my next move. Not many job options for people like me with fine art degree. By far house painter is what I'm most comfortable with outside my field of study.
My PGWP expires on August 29, assuming I start working for the employer within next the 2 weeks and continue working for the employer till late august, will my experience be enough by then?

BTW, my threads always getting flagged with "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly", any reason why this is happening?