+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will increase in IELTs CLB score lead to an increase in CRS points as well?

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Hey,

I want to apply for Canada PR. As per the eligibility criterion, I have given IELTS examination and scored a CLB 8. By considering my IELTS scores, experience and other essentials, I am getting a score of 429, which is pretty low.

In a conversation, a consultant suggested me that I can reappear for IELTS and aim to score at least CLB 11 or 12 as it will help increase my CRS points. Will this work? Please tell

PS: I had not been to an IELTS teacher, I prepared for IELTS on my own and scored CLB 8 in Academic IELTS.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hey,

I want to apply for Canada PR. As per the eligibility criterion, I have given IELTS examination and scored a CLB 8. By considering my IELTS scores, experience and other essentials, I am getting a score of 429, which is pretty low.

In a conversation, a consultant suggested me that I can reappear for IELTS and aim to score at least CLB 11 or 12 as it will help increase my CRS points. Will this work? Please tell

PS: I had not been to an IELTS teacher, I prepared for IELTS on my own and scored CLB 8 in Academic IELTS.
You need to give the IELTS General Training for Express Entry, unless, as told by hodari, you are applying for Quebec.

And yes, points increase substantially if you have a CLB9 +. See, the grip for more information on points
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html