+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I meet cut off. Pls help

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Thank u sir . I will definitely consider this... but planning to keep this as a last resort.. can u pls give me another suggestion ? At present shall me and hubby take the ielts and apply for Alberta pnp? How sleek are tHe chances of us getting pnp from Alberta ? If not Alberta can we manage to get another province where he can fetch an oil industry job ? Is ielts neceesary to apply for pnp ? We have paid our consultancy to make one express entry application. So can I give a try with my present hubby being PA , try for pnp and wait and /or submit profile in EE hoping that crs will cross cut off ( cos till now I have been calculating crs from the crs simulator that’s present in cic website) so if I submit my profilw also will my crs be same as that from the simulator ie. 380 or I can expect a increase ?

My idea as of now is - to apply for few provinces pnp and see if we get one. And then go to EE

Would u suggest going forward with my hubby application into EE and see what our actual crs is or believe that the actual crs from EE is also gonna show the same as simulator -380 and stop the process and me applying after gaining work experience after one or two years and applying as a principal applicant later ( we didn’t like waiting for so long but if there is no other go we are fine for it )

Totally confused and clueless
There is no need to be confused. You have a very clear solution here and mentioned by many already, that is taking IELTS to improve your score. Rest of the ways will certainly take a lot more efforts than reappearing for this exam.
PNP, yes.. but if you ask me, its a shot in the dark. There is no certainty to it, so while you wait for it, why not study for IELTS?
2133 is not a job in demand, if you are not authorised to work in Canada. This is due to recent oil downturn. Getting job without PR is mostly not possible, at least in Alberta as they have stopped LMIA exemptions for this NOC.
Also keep in touch with your constant as your application is with them, Get from them what you’ve paid for.
All the best

Reactions: tobs

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Both of you get CLB9 (8777) in IELTS, your CRS score will go up to 426. And if your husband can get CLB10 (8.5,8,7.5,7.5), your score jumps to 438, which will have a very good chance of getting ITA after Aug/Sep.
IELTS is the most powerful and quick tool provided by IRCC to boost your chances for an ITA, suggest you utilize that properly before looking at other costly/time-consuming channels.
All the best!

shags

Jul 31, 2018
There is no need to be confused. You have a very clear solution here and mentioned by many already, that is taking IELTS to improve your score. Rest of the ways will certainly take a lot more efforts than reappearing for this exam.
PNP, yes.. but if you ask me, its a shot in the dark. There is no certainty to it, so while you wait for it, why not study for IELTS?
2133 is not a job in demand, if you are not authorised to work in Canada. This is due to recent oil downturn. Getting job without PR is mostly not possible, at least in Alberta as they have stopped LMIA exemptions for this NOC.
Also keep in touch with your constant as your application is with them, Get from them what you’ve paid for.
All the best
Presently preparing for ielts

shags

Jul 31, 2018
Both of you get CLB9 (8777) in IELTS, your CRS score will go up to 426. And if your husband can get CLB10 (8.5,8,7.5,7.5), your score jumps to 438, which will have a very good chance of getting ITA after Aug/Sep.
IELTS is the most powerful and quick tool provided by IRCC to boost your chances for an ITA, suggest you utilize that properly before looking at other costly/time-consuming channels.
All the best!
If that’s the case then we will definitely give our best shot . Can u pls tell me from where u calculated the crs ...? In cic website even if I give top bands for ielts for both of us the crs doesn’t cross 400... so I wanted to know if something is wrong on my part or the website ... pls tell where u calculated

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
If that’s the case then we will definitely give our best shot . Can u pls tell me from where u calculated the crs ...? In cic website even if I give top bands for ielts for both of us the crs doesn’t cross 400... so I wanted to know if something is wrong on my part or the website ... pls tell where u calculated
Following Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Following is the calculation I got with the details you've provided and assuming CLB10 for your husband/CLB9 for yourself.

Your results
All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 80
  • Level of education = 112
  • Study in Canada = undefined
  • Official Languages = 128
    • First Official Language = 128
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 320

Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 8
  • First Official Languages = 20
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 28

Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75

Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 423

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 0

Sibling in Canada = 15

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 15

Grand total = 438

shags

Jul 31, 2018
Following Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Following is the calculation I got with the details you've provided and assuming CLB10 for your husband/CLB9 for yourself.

Your results
All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 80
  • Level of education = 112
  • Study in Canada = undefined
  • Official Languages = 128
    • First Official Language = 128
    • Second Official Language = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 320

Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 8
  • First Official Languages = 20
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 28

Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75

Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 423

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 0

Sibling in Canada = 15

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 15

Grand total = 438
Thank u sir. For taking the time to calculate . We will try hard towards such scores to our best

shags

Jul 31, 2018
Ppl , From my consultancy I came to know that few provinces like Alberta and Ontario nominate candidates to their provinces from the express entry pool itslef without needing us to apply. I did some research on this Reg Alberta and there seems to Alberta express entry stream doing the same ... how are my chances of Alberta sending a Pnp to us keeping in mind the fact that my hubby has 8 years oil experience and Alberta is being the largest oil jobs maker. ? How’s often and how many candidates does Alberta or Ontario send nominations through express entry stream pnp?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Ppl , From my consultancy I came to know that few provinces like Alberta and Ontario nominate candidates to their provinces from the express entry pool itslef without needing us to apply. I did some research on this Reg Alberta and there seems to Alberta express entry stream doing the same ... how are my chances of Alberta sending a Pnp to us keeping in mind the fact that my hubby has 8 years oil experience and Alberta is being the largest oil jobs maker. ? How’s often and how many candidates does Alberta or Ontario send nominations through express entry stream pnp?
For Alberta you will need JOB offer and Ontario last score was 433 or you need to learn french.