+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I meet cut off. Pls help

shags

Jul 31, 2018
Hi ppl.
Me and my hubby are working towards express entry and had paid a consultancy for guiding us.

Till now we have sent our transcripts for wes, preparing for ielts.

Suddenly me and my hubby tried the crs calculator in cic website and it shows a score of 382, which is in no way gonna help us in getting an ITA.

So can anyone help us how to get our crs above 440.

My husband is primary applicant -33 yrs
Me - 27yrs

Both hold 4 year bachelors degree

Hubby has 11 years exp
Me-0

Both Canada experience -0
Sibling in Canada as pr- yes

No job offers or provincial nomination

We both can score a an average 7 in all abilities in IELTS.

Given this our score is too low. Any suggestions to improve the score ..?

If I switch to me being the primary applicant the score just changes 392 which is also less... my consultancy doesn’t open up now cos we started to get these crs details by ourselves and maybe they don’t want to face us. So I am turning to the ppl of this forum to hep me get an ITA

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi ppl.
Me and my hubby are working towards express entry and had paid a consultancy for guiding us.

Suddenly me and my hubby tried the crs calculator in cic website and it shows a score of 382, which is in no way gonna help us in getting an ITA.

Me - 27yrs

Hubby has 11 years exp
Me-0

If I switch to me being the primary applicant the score just changes 392 which is also less... my consultancy doesn’t open up now cos we started to get these crs details by ourselves and maybe they don’t want to face us. So I am turning to the ppl of this forum to hep me get an ITA
What is your JOB NOC code?
Check here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

As per NOC, I can tell you if you can apply under PNP or not.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My hubby falls under 2133 NOC
You can apply under Saskatchewan and Manitoba PNP programs. (for Manitoba, you should have a sibling or relative in Canada as PR)

shags

Jul 31, 2018
We are keen in going only to Alberta since my hubbys bro is there and we would like to join them . However that is secondary . My hubby works in oil field and on research we came to know that Calgary has a lot of oil related jobs for him. So we are preferring Alberta for these two purposes .

Another question of mine is - if we move in to a province that u mentioned Sir, can my hubby work in Calgary ?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi ppl.

Me - 27yrs

Hubby has 11 years exp
Me-0

Your best chance of having a high score is for both you and your husband to score 8777 in your IELTS. If you can also try to get a job, in a year you'll have 1 year experience and with several tries writing the IELTS, you would have gotten better scoring your desired 8777 and you would have a good enough CRS to apply as the primary applicant for FSW or to be considered for PNP.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi ppl.

Me - 27yrs

Hubby has 11 years exp
Me-0

Focus on ielts. You being younger and with a good english score (clb 9) can push things further

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Just noticed you have 0 years.of experience. If its possible find a job for a year while practicing for ielts. You wont lose age points before 30

Reactions: tobs

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ppl.

Me - 27yrs

Hubby has 11 years exp
Me-0

Your husband need to have 8777 LRWS first. Even with that huge boost in language, I don't think your CRS points will come close to cut off point right now due to his age and education limitation. So my suggestion is coming to Canada to get a master degree and find a skilled job in Canada after graduate for one year. His age is ticking date by date, you need to act fast before the age point reduction will mitigate all of your effort.

shags

Jul 31, 2018
Your husband need to have 8777 LRWS first. Even with that huge boost in language, I don't think your CRS points will come close to cut off point right now due to his age and education limitation. So my suggestion is coming to Canada to get a master degree and find a skilled job in Canada after graduate for one year. His age is ticking date by date, you need to act fast before the age point reduction will mitigate all of your effort.
Sir , thank u for ur suggestion .. at present him leaving to Canada alone and then get getting a degree and then calling me and my kids I don’t know how far it will work out cos we having school going kids and I couldn’t be changing countries ( me being in Kuwait and had to go to India if my hubby quits job here now ) and also we don’t have funds to channel towards a masters for him in Canada

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
you can move if you are able to prove that you could not find a job in alberta for an extended period of time (6 months to a year).

shags

Jul 31, 2018
Just noticed you have 0 years.of experience. If its possible find a job for a year while practicing for ielts. You wont lose age points before 30
Thank u sir . I will definitely consider this... but planning to keep this as a last resort.. can u pls give me another suggestion ? At present shall me and hubby take the ielts and apply for Alberta pnp? How sleek are tHe chances of us getting pnp from Alberta ? If not Alberta can we manage to get another province where he can fetch an oil industry job ? Is ielts neceesary to apply for pnp ? We have paid our consultancy to make one express entry application. So can I give a try with my present hubby being PA , try for pnp and wait and /or submit profile in EE hoping that crs will cross cut off ( cos till now I have been calculating crs from the crs simulator that’s present in cic website) so if I submit my profilw also will my crs be same as that from the simulator ie. 380 or I can expect a increase ?

My idea as of now is - to apply for few provinces pnp and see if we get one. And then go to EE

Would u suggest going forward with my hubby application into EE and see what our actual crs is or believe that the actual crs from EE is also gonna show the same as simulator -380 and stop the process and me applying after gaining work experience after one or two years and applying as a principal applicant later ( we didn’t like waiting for so long but if there is no other go we are fine for it )

Totally confused and clueless