+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I get PR if my NOC is not required? (NOC 2151 and NOC 2251)

subhashisbmk

Jun 29, 2020
Hello,
I'm posting this in the PNP section because I doubt I'll qualify for the FSW program .. Even If I top IELTS everything, I'm still stuck with a score of around 440 which is nowhere close to 460 required for FSW.
(A little about me, I'm a licensed Architect from India, so a compatible NOC with my work is NOC 2151 directly and also NOC 2251-Architectural Draftperson and Technologist)
Now here's where I have trouble finding the answers to:

1) my NOC 2151 and 2251, which as of now is not required anywhere in any PNP list. If I apply with any of the above NOC codes, is there a chance for me to get a PR?

2) NOC 2151 is for Architects. I am licensed to work as an Architect in India but do I need licensure in Canada as well to apply in this NOC?

I'd appreciate answers to these. Months of searching on the internet and I still have no clue about these. Thank you in advance.

pecanada2019

May 16, 2019
Hello subhashisbmk,

Did you get your PR at the end? I am finding the same trouble about finding my NOC. I have one year of Canadian Experience under the title of Graduate Architect as per my Experience Certificate from the company I worked for in Vancouver but now doubting about the NOC as Architecture is a regulated Profession in Canada. What NOC did you choose finally?

Daniaaburouss

Apr 15, 2022
I have a similar situation. I am an Architect licensed in Jordan but not in Canada. I have submitted my express entry profile under the NOC 2151, not knowing if it is the correct NOC being not registered there. Has any of you gotten an answer on the above?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a similar situation. I am an Architect licensed in Jordan but not in Canada. I have submitted my express entry profile under the NOC 2151, not knowing if it is the correct NOC being not registered there. Has any of you gotten an answer on the above?
You don't need to be licensed in Canada to get an ITA through Express Entry.

armaan2698

Dec 22, 2022
Hi,
Can I know what is your status now?
Did you get the ITA through NOC 2151?
Thank You!!