+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be able to study at UofT with an expired PR card?

sugathri

Nov 4, 2018
Hi @zxxha

I was in a very similar situation as you. There are plenty of steps you have to go through but what I can say is that you will be able to study as a PR.

About OSAP, if I am not wrong you may not be eligible. You need to have been in Ontario for at least twelve months before applying regardless of the situation of your parents' or your own financials.
For your H&C grounds, your case is only enough: you were taken against your will as a minor out of Canada. Now that you are 18 and an adult, you have decided that at your first given opportunity, you are moving back to Canada.

If you want more details, feel free to ask me. I had a very similar situation to that of yours and now I am here studying at UofT.

Good luck.
hi i am in a similar situation. me and my family went to canada on august 2008 and stayed there for 2 years. when our permits expired, we had to move out of canada but we applied for pr and came to our home country. after one and a half year, we got PR so we went to Canada for PR stamping on june 25,2013. But me and my sister were in the middle of our twelfth and tenth class so we came back after stamping. my PR card expired on September 6, 2018. I wanted to study in Canada so I applied for masters. I got admission two days before for University of WIndsor. Now i dont know whether i should apply for PRTD or study permit as international. my classes start in january 3, 2019. please help me

sugathri

Nov 4, 2018
I am in similar situation. Me and my family have moved to Canada in August 2008. We stayed there for 2 years and applied to PR and came back to India. We got a mail saying we got PR and we need to get it stamped for confirmation. So we came back on June 24, 2013 and got our stamping done and became PR since 25-06-2013. My PR card id is 6042-0460 and it expired on 06 SEP 2018. I coudn't stay in Canada after stamping because I am in the middle of intermediate studies and my sister was in grade ten. Hence my family didn't want to disturb our studies and we weren't financially stable, so we came back. I then completed my bachelors in India with 75%. I wanted to study and settle in Canada, so I applied for Masters and got admission in University of Windsor two days before. Now should I apply for study permit or PRTD? I don't want to lose my PR and I really want to take up residence in Canada. My classes start from January 3, 2019 and I don't know whether I have to apply for PR or Study Permit. Please help me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in similar situation. Me and my family have moved to Canada in August 2008. We stayed there for 2 years and applied to PR and came back to India. We got a mail saying we got PR and we need to get it stamped for confirmation. So we came back on June 24, 2013 and got our stamping done and became PR since 25-06-2013. My PR card id is 6042-0460 and it expired on 06 SEP 2018. I coudn't stay in Canada after stamping because I am in the middle of intermediate studies and my sister was in grade ten. Hence my family didn't want to disturb our studies and we weren't financially stable, so we came back. I then completed my bachelors in India with 75%. I wanted to study and settle in Canada, so I applied for Masters and got admission in University of Windsor two days before. Now should I apply for study permit or PRTD? I don't want to lose my PR and I really want to take up residence in Canada. My classes start from January 3, 2019 and I don't know whether I have to apply for PR or Study Permit. Please help me.
How old are you?

You can't apply for a study permit if you are a PR. You would have to renounce your PR status in order to qualify for a study permit.

sugathri

Nov 4, 2018
How old are you?

You can't apply for a study permit if you are a PR. You would have to renounce your PR status in order to qualify for a study permit.
so what shoud i apply now. how can i come to canada. i want to study in uwindsor