+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's open work permit with permanent job offer

dreego

May 11, 2017
I've been trying to get this question cleared out but not even IRCC has been able to give me the answer to it, so hopefully someone here can:

I'm currently on a study permit for 3 years (temporary residence), brought my wife and kids with me to Canada. She's currently on an open work permit applied under my study permit, already had all her degrees assessed and validated to Canada's standards, and has now a permanent job offer on a professional level. She speaks 4 languages (English, French, Spanish and German), I only speak English and Spanish but looking into learning French.

Now, I know that since I'm under a study permit I cannot apply for a permanent residence until I work a year's worth of full-time employment, but from her job offer perspective, which is very promising for her career development, we don't want to miss the opportunity given, so what would be the best approach to apply for a permanent residence in this situation?

If it's worth mentioning, we're looking to invest in a business in Canada but we're held back by the uncertainty of our future status.

Any feedback is welcomed, thank you!

Harish89

May 12, 2017
Hello Sir,

I'm a PhD degree holder. I have been offered a job in University Health Network, Toronto. I will be applying for work permit visa, along with my application may I also apply for my wife's Open Work permit visa ?

Submitting both applications (mine and my wife's) once at a time is good or I have to wait until I get work permit visa and then apply for my wife Open work permit visa. Kindly suggest.

Harish89

May 12, 2017
Hey sorry for delayed response.

I will be starting to work soon. I'm still in my home country. I have yet to check about SIN procedures and other stuffs.
If possible shall I know your Canada numbeR? So we discuss further

Thank you