+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Open Work Permit Visa Refused

adityaram29

Feb 14, 2020
Hi Friends,

I got this denial message for my Wife's Open Work permit from IRCC

"You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations."

Here are my Details:
1)Currently I am in Work Permit Visa and working as a Software Engineer in Canada from October 9th 2019
2)I got married in December 2019 and applied the Open Work permit visa for my wife. I got the above denial reason.

Did anyone had seen this denial messages in your friends circle. If in that case please provide the detailed information how to resolve this situation.

Regards,
Aditya

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
Hi Friends,

"You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations."

Here are my Details:
1)Currently I am in Work Permit Visa and working as a Software Engineer in Canada from October 9th 2019
2)I got married in December 2019 and applied the Open Work permit visa for my wife. I got the above denial reason.

Did anyone had seen this denial messages in your friends circle. If in that case please provide the detailed information how to resolve this situation.

Regards,
Aditya
Are you able to appeal or and re-apply?
Would you include more supporting documents? You may include supporting documents that are normally required to proof relationship with spouse when applying for spouse sponsorship as if sponsor if a PR or citizen?

adityaram29

Feb 14, 2020
Yes in that denial document they mentioned that you can reapply.

While I am submitting for my wife's Visa. In proof of relationship section I provided Marriage Certificate, Invitation Card, Marriage Pictures, My paystubs, My Workpermit, My Visa Stamping page, My passport, Rental Agreement of my current stay, Bank statements., Employment Verification letter from my Employer.

Still I don't understand what was missing.

adityaram29

Feb 14, 2020
What kind of proof did you show of your genuine marriage and relationship?
There is a Marriage Certificate issued by our Country which includes Date of Marriage and our names and venue with government seal on it. And I sent the marriage pictures too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're posting in the wrong section. This isn't an owl connected to a spousal sponsorship application. You need to post to the foreign workers section of the forum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you are posting in the wrong section. That is just proof that you got married. You have to show that you have been and continue to be in a relationship. People trying to commit immigration fraud also submit wedding photos and proof they are married. Given that you applied right after you got married and seem to have not spent much time together those are red flags.

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
You may include supporting documents to show relationship history from the past periods of introduction and engagement, including outings, family occasions, friend's events, common interests. trips, journeys, .. etc.

Last edited:

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Friends,

Here are my Details:

Regards,
Aditya
Perhaps show proof of relationship from before marriage to date. May be Order your notes to understand why the officer felt that your wife does not meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit