+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's application rejected. Urgent help needed PLS!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I see another reason why the VO might have queried your wife's ties. You have applied for PR and your wife is named in your application(as one would expect). Hopefully the experts on the Family Class threads will be able to guide you. It shouldn't be this hard. All the best.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply GCMS notes...you can get more info from the following link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

After receiving GCMS notes, rectify the reasons for refusal and submit additional supporting documents with her second application. I wouldn't suggest to apply different visa categories as VO might think that the applicant is desperate to go to Canada. As a result, VO might refused again.

Best of luck and keep trying until she gets the visa.

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
The onus is on your wife to convince the visa officer that she will leave canada at the end of her permitted stay. If she has a 2 month visa,then why would your wife leave canada (rather than stay on) at the end of 2 months?
Possible reasons include that she has a 200,000 dollar flat in India, she has 30,000 in a savings account in India etc. These ties are indeed quite strong- very few people would abandon a 200,000 flat or 30,000 in savings. Most people would want to return to do something about these assets.
The visa officer is less concerned about your long term plans as he is about your plans relating to the current visa he needs to decide on. So again, if he is granting a six month visa, he is concerned about whether you will stay on in Canada after those six months, if he grants your wife a visa.

Fworker

Feb 14, 2013
Hi guys,

Could you tell what does a VO intends to say when the following is written on the refusal letter?

WEAK SOCIAL & ECONOMIC TIES

Thanks.

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Fworker said:
Hi guys,

Could you tell what does a VO intends to say when the following is written on the refusal letter?

WEAK SOCIAL & ECONOMIC TIES

Thanks.
Weak economic ties means that the vo is not convinced your wife has financial reasons to come to india. again, showing that she has property, bank account, investments, job etc in india will show that there are economic ties to india.

social ties likely refers to family ties. there is not much you can do to change this. hopefully your wife has parents, brothers and sisters in india. and hopefully she has no relatives (except you) in canada.

Fworker

Feb 14, 2013
Hi Scorpian_ca,

A follow up question regarding GCMS notes. I filled up the forms and emailed the forms+receipt to the email address provided on the link. Just wanted to ensure i used the right language. I used the subject for the email as "GCMS Notes for my wife-Wife's name" and in the message body i mentioned that i am requesting the GCMS notes for my wife's work permit application.

In the form i chose the option of "Access to Information"!!

Did i follow the correct approach? Would appreciate if you could confirm that. Thanks.

Fworker

Feb 14, 2013
Let me rephrase the question:

A follow up question regarding GCMS notes. I filled up the forms and emailed the forms+receipt to the email address provided on the link. Just wanted to ensure i used the right language.

1. I used the subject for the email as "GCMS Notes for my wife-Wife's name" and in the message body i mentioned that i am requesting the GCMS notes for my wife's work permit application.

2. In the form i chose the option of "Access to Information"!!

3. The option "Immigration file: temporary residence" was checked.

Did i follow the correct approach? Would appreciate if you could confirm that. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Fworker said:
It's strange that a visa officer might find marriage pictures more convincing than a marriage certificate, which is a legal document.
Anyone can get married and obtain a marriage certificate. Very easy to commit marriage fraud this way.

Pictures prove you spent money on the wedding, your family and friends were present, etc. Pictures are what prove the relationship is genuine.

Fworker

Feb 14, 2013
Hi Scorpian_ca,

A follow up question regarding GCMS notes. I filled up the forms and emailed the forms+receipt to the email address provided on the link. Just wanted to ensure i used the right language.

1. I used the subject for the email as "GCMS Notes for my wife-Wife's name" and in the message body i mentioned that i am requesting the GCMS notes for my wife's work permit application.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries about the email content and subject, they usually need the signed forms and fees. If CIC requires more info, they would request you to provide it by email.

Fworker said:
Hi Scorpian_ca,

Fworker

Feb 14, 2013
Hi folks,

A questions regarding the joint account accounts.

Me and my wife hold a joint account. This account was initially in my name only (it's about 15 years old). However, lately i added my wife as a joint account holder with a power to do transactions. Can my wife use this bank account as a financial proof for her visitor visa to Canada??

Thanks a lot!