+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnant after COPR and PPR

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
Hi Rahul,
I went through a similar situation. Considering your COPR only expires in Nov 2023. I would suggest you to immediately reach out to CIC through IRC Webform, explaining your situation and attach scan report or proof of pregnancy requesting for extension so you can add your new born to your PR application. I would recommend add your new born to the PR application before moving or doing your soft landing. It gets way more complicated to add your child to PR later as many have mentioned.
You might need to do the medicals again and you will need to upload your Childs birth certification, passport and thats about it.

If you are planning to move for good, then you should consider delivering the baby in Canada that would be much better considering expected arrival of baby is Dec 2023.

All the best and congrats on the child.

Cheers,
As per my agent, they say not required to inform IRCC as child not born yet and no chance of extension of Copr. Either I have to shift for good in Oct or sponser the child.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
As per my agent, they say not required to inform IRCC as child not born yet and no chance of extension of Copr. Either I have to shift for good in Oct or sponser the child.
This is absolutely BS, I did the entire process myself and as soon as we know we are having a baby. I wrote to reached out using the IRC webform. They cancelled my COPR and requested me to add the dependent to the application and once the child is born, send all the details birth certificate and passport and restart the process. The only caveat, we had to do our medicals again. After that they requested the passport back for COPR. I recently did my soft landing as well.
So write to IRCC directly and buy time. All the best

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, but I am already planned soft landing and bought ticket.
do you have any information, how much days for processing PR card?

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for your feedback, but I am already planned soft landing and bought ticket.
do you have any information, how much days for processing PR card?
Hmm you are going have tough time if you ever migrate. You need to be there first before you could apply for your kids PR you know that right ? It could take 6+ months. Anyways since it’s done, all the best.
PR card could take 2+ months. I haven’t received mine and it’s been a month since I did the soft landing.

Reactions: canuck78

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
can you share any tips,
1. any chance of requesting the border officer to expedite the PR card?
2. Do we need to Link PR portal with GC key?
3. can you share step by step process after soft landing?

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
can you share any tips,
1. any chance of requesting the border officer to expedite the PR card?
2. Do we need to Link PR portal with GC key?
3. can you share step by step process after soft landing?
1. To my knowledge “NO” I don’t see any compelling reason. You will not be able to expedite PR card. You can always apply for PRTD and return
2. I don’t know about this, hope someone else answers. I couldn’t figure out a way to check my PR status, if it’s been mailed or not.
3.Very simple nothing complicated, make sure you carry your copr papers and keep the papers safely that is very important until you get citizenship. You need to have a local address

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
If apply for PRTD, does its stop PR card processing?
how much processing time for PRTD? if I apply directly after coming back, will they accept application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is absolutely BS, I did the entire process myself and as soon as we know we are having a baby. I wrote to reached out using the IRC webform. They cancelled my COPR and requested me to add the dependent to the application and once the child is born, send all the details birth certificate and passport and restart the process. The only caveat, we had to do our medicals again. After that they requested the passport back for COPR. I recently did my soft landing as well.
So write to IRCC directly and buy time. All the best
Very unusual to get a COPR extension unless you receive COPR very late into pregnancy.

prrem1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Very unusual to get a COPR extension unless you receive COPR very late into pregnancy.
This is incorrect, first ask and if they reject the request so be it. Can you provide a proof here that you requested and IRCC rejected the extension ? Stop speculating and providing wrong information.
This is a life event and the couple would not be able to just bring their child to Canada after getting their PR, it just gets complicated and annoying. The tourist visa is a long process and kid so not get health coverage and need to go private until PR. There are a lot of challenges getting the PR later for the kid. Rem immigrate doesn’t mean second class citizen, you are bringing value and income to the country and helping their economy as well. So be bold, communicate well and your request will be looked into.

ps: If anyone else going through this pls reach out to IRCC and let them approve or deny take the chance, don’t panic or don’t just search online or blindly follow forums! Because it’s so much easier to add the kid before doing a soft landing. If you are already inside Canada and delivering there then it totally doesn’t matter but otherwise get the kid added to the application before doing the PR formality.

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hey folks,
asking behalf of friend: A pregnant woman has a valid TRV but outside of Canada. They have PR application under process and going to report pregnancy.
Does IRCC invalidates current TRV? He is scaring that IRCC takes out current TRV and requests medical check again.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,
asking behalf of friend: A pregnant woman has a valid TRV but outside of Canada. They have PR application under process and going to report pregnancy.
Does IRCC invalidates current TRV? He is scaring that IRCC takes out current TRV and requests medical check again.
She can still use the TRV.

Nablool

Jun 7, 2023
Hello All,

My case and your relevant answers, especially from the ones who have gone through the same situation would help me and a lot others looking for an answers.

My wife and I received COPR and visa stamped in Oct'22 which is valid until Oct'23. In Nov'22 we found that my wife is pregnant and she is due in Jul'23 (before COPR expires). We decided to deliver the baby in our country of residence as what we found from our research that sponsoring the baby the much more complex and the also it is not easy to get a doctor in the middle of the pregnancy. We informed IRCC through webform about my wife's pregnancy and they said that if you deliver outside canada before landing you need to renew your documents, pay fees and add the new born.

My question here is once the baby is born, what documents are usually asked by IRCC to add the new born and how easy/complex is the process and how long does this usually take.

TIA.