Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
I noticed so many people's preference for WES as opposed to IQAS. Even with the new timeline for IQAS they still have a faster return period of 15 working days. My question is why are people still using WES. Is IQAS ECA not authentic in the aftermath of EE or most are unaware of the time returns. Am using IQAS by the way , my report is pending (8working days)

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I asked a similar question. The main reason appears to be familiarity, most people are familiar with WES, it is an international agency that does credential assessments for various countries. IQAs on the other hand is an Alberta government agency and appears to be less popular. I'm using IQAS myself but the 15 business day timeline is killing me!! Everything else required for EE is ready, just bloody IQAS dragging their feet (i'm on 10th working day). But in the first place, they took about 3 weeks to acknowledge receipt of my transcripts, and that was only after calling them multiple times. Then finally they put my case in the queue for processing on the 20th, and the wait is just brutal.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
This is exactly my predicament. I sent in my receipt of payment first , my school took forever to process my transcript. DHL took 1 week to deliver my documents. When my documents arrived it to 2 working days to acknowledge receipt of my personal documents and 4 days later to put it in one for processing. I have called them like a million times. Are you already on 10 working days without a report. O dear God am bitting my nails.I know someone who just got their report this past week and it was after 10 working days from receipt. I think you will get am email on Monday. I am hoping to get an email on Tuesday .

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
1. Everyone I know seems to be going with WES because someone they know did - basically chain reaction since no one knows any better, so we try to go with tried and tested agency.

2. I believe WES is the only one that allows you to take sealed envelope from university and forward it to them. The issue with taking envelopes from Universities is that (as I faced with my UK uni) they refuse to use courier service and use non trackable standard airmail which takes lot of time for delivery. In case of Indian universities, the option to send transcripts is not even available with all of them, like my uni from Hisar doesn't do it so getting docs from them and forwarding to WES is the only option. Does IQAS allow this too?

Anyway these were my reasons personally, but I don't know if it was a good choice because WES doesn't seem all that proactive in replying and not everyone is satisfied with results, nevertheless it is a safe choice.

Also worth noting is that if your documents are pretty straight forward from a recognized university, WES can take as little as a week to do ECA. On the 13 day after all documents were received by WES (all the delay in my case was done by my UK uni), my phsical report was in my hands.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
I sent my sealed transcript to IQAS myself and even included my personal documents in another envelop buy the same dhl courier envelope. Although I put sender as my school. I think so long as it's sealed and not tampered with you dont have a problem
ParulB said:
1. Everyone I know seems to be going with WES because someone they know did - basically chain reaction since no one knows any better, so we try to go with tried and tested agency.

2. I believe WES is the only one that allows you to take sealed envelope from university and forward it to them. The issue with taking envelopes from Universities is that (as I faced with my UK uni) they refuse to use courier service and use non trackable standard airmail which takes lot of time for delivery. In case of Indian universities, the option to send transcripts is not even available with all of them, like my uni from Hisar doesn't do it so getting docs from them and forwarding to WES is the only option. Does IQAS allow this too?

Anyway these were my reasons personally, but I don't know if it was a good choice because WES doesn't seem all that proactive in replying and not everyone is satisfied with results, nevertheless it is a safe choice.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES is recognized world wide. WES is enough also for immigration to Australia for example.

IQAS is for Canada only. Outside Canada, it is not of a much use. People aiming at IQAS wants to stay with Immigration to Canada.

Lastly, people just happen to know it, and many Universities around the World already know about WES and they are not surprised.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Its just word of mouth and many people have previous experience or at least heard of WES before, if they have applied to study abroad.

Once WES processing time increased, then people started looking for an alternate option. Also, getting ECA from WES was easier as it was completely online, had option to track your status online and even view your report online. Other agencies did not use to do that earlier I guess. But now they have adapted these features too and hence people are going with alternate agencies now.

Recently there have been cases where WES did not recognize a certain degree while IQAS did recognize them.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Yes the tracking online might be it. IQAS doesn't give an update apart from telling you your documents is in line for processing.
Maverick28 said:
Its just word of mouth and many people have previous experience or at least heard of WES before, if they have applied to study abroad.

Once WES processing time increased, then people started looking for an alternate option. Also, getting ECA from WES was easier as it was completely online, had option to track your status online and even view your report online. Other agencies did not use to do that earlier I guess. But now they have adapted these features too and hence people are going with alternate agencies now.

Recently there have been cases where WES did not recognize a certain degree while IQAS did recognize them.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
hamiltondreamer said:
I sent my sealed transcript to IQAS myself and even included my personal documents in another envelop buy the same dhl courier envelope. Although I put sender as my school. I think so long as it's sealed and not tampered with you dont have a problem
Ah okay, that's good to know. I think their website says "must be sent by university", that might turn some people away who don't have any other guidance from others, because I remember in my case I simply went with the agency that was most lenient in terms of document requirement.

Also what farazafzal said would be a major factor too because most people I know apply for Canada/Aus simultaneously. (I'm not doing it, but others in my group are.)

I don't think I will do a re-evaluation with IQAS because I am not sure if they can turn over the results from WES ECA I got, and it would be a waste of $200, but if I get extra qualification, I will go with IQAS this time.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
ParulB said:
Also what farazafzal said would be a major factor too because most people I know apply for Canada/Aus simultaneously. (I'm not doing it, but others in my group are.)
For Australia, you have to get a different evaluation done from an agency in Australia itself. That evaluation also includes your work experience and its pretty expensive. Just a FYI :D

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ParulB said:
Also worth noting is that if your documents are pretty straight forward from a recognized university, WES can take as little as a week to do ECA. On the 13 day after all documents were received by WES (all the delay in my case was done by my UK uni), my phsical report was in my hands.
That's definitely a plus with WES. My degrees are both from the United States but looks like that makes little difference for IQAS. I really do wish there was a way of getting into EE pool without official ECA. They really do make thinks difficult by demanding the credential documentation upfront in order to enter EE pool.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
That's what's holding me up too. Am very hopeful for Tuesday
gailmargolis said:
That's definitely a plus with WES. My degrees are both from the United States but looks like that makes little difference for IQAS. I really do wish there was a way of getting into EE pool without official ECA. They really do make thinks difficult by demanding the credential documentation upfront in order to enter EE pool.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I choose Wes because people I knew used it and they were the most popular choice.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the ECA from IQAS, 12 days as opposed to the 15-day timeline they advertise. I'd highly recommend them. We need a sticky post up in this forum warning newcomers away from WES and towards IQAS. Ahhh, blessed IQAS

daisymagic

Mar 7, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gailmargolis you have been complaining about IQAS in lots of threads??