Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daisymagic said:
gailmargolis you have been complaining about IQAS in lots of threads??
Ummm....I have no idea what you're talking about, I've always had nothing but good things to say about IQAS. They're the best!

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Got mine today. Yay me WES is so not worth it. Mine took 12 working days. I have steered everyone i know towards IQAS. By the way were lucky to get in the draws or too late ?
quote author=gailmargolis link=topic=483092.msg5907548#msg5907548 date=1491348545]
Just got the ECA from IQAS, 12 days as opposed to the 15-day timeline they advertise. I'd highly recommend them. We need a sticky post up in this forum warning newcomers away from WES and towards IQAS. Ahhh, blessed IQAS
[/quote]

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamiltondreamer said:
Got mine today. Yay me WES is so not worth it. Mine took 12 working days. I have steered everyone i know towards IQAS. By the way were lucky to get in the draws or too late ?
quote author=gailmargolis link=topic=483092.msg5907548#msg5907548 date=1491348545]
Just got the ECA from IQAS, 12 days as opposed to the 15-day timeline they advertise. I'd highly recommend them. We need a sticky post up in this forum warning newcomers away from WES and towards IQAS. Ahhh, blessed IQAS
I got in the draw.

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Yes I saw you got in the draws in another thread . Congratulations. Hope to get in the draws next time

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
That's definitely a plus with WES. My degrees are both from the United States but looks like that makes little difference for IQAS. I really do wish there was a way of getting into EE pool without official ECA. They really do make thinks difficult by demanding the credential documentation upfront in order to enter EE pool.
I don't understand why USA degrees needed ECA for this matter!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I have used WES and IQAS and IQAS is way better. I used WES for myself and the wait was so long and frustrating that I opted for IQAS for my spouse since I felt nothing can be worse than WES service.

For most people who use WES, It's just herd mentally. Their friend used it and their neighbour used it and their loser consultant is still stuck in 2012 recommended it and hence they used WES. WES used to be the only agency way back in 2011 etc so most consultants haven't moved on from those days.

Very few people on this forum have used both. I have. And without a doubt, IQAS is way better than WES. Who needs online status check whey they give the result within 12 to 15 days. With WES, good luck if you get it within 30 days. Most cases take 2 months.

But most people aren't just open minded and do enough research. It's like getting a cable connection at home without doing much research on what works for you...except that everyone in the neighbourhood uses the same cable company so you just go with that. LOL

If you are from India, going to WES is just foolish. IQAS understands Indian education system much better than WES and so many cases on the forum of wrong evaluations by WES fixed right by IQAS. People talk about WES being more internationally well known. Who cares if it is well known? IQAS is owned by the government of Alberta and its an official agency for CIC. We are all immigrating to canada and not going on a world tour. All we need is a good recognized agency accepted by CIC and IQAS fits the bill.

Another good option is CES. They do the ECA in 5 days flat for an extra fee. They are owned by the University of Toronto. Again, many people don't try all this since most people are just followers. Not people who want to do research and do what's best for them!

Then there is BCIT also which does in 45 days which is again much faster than WES.

Both IQAS and WES accept transcripts sent by you personally as long as its sealed and not tampered with. In the case of IQAS, I sent mine directly and they accepted it.

Lastly, if you want to know how great WES Is, google WES reviews and see the number of complaints and curses they get from people!

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
Thank you for the details. Just wanted to know the documents that are required from the university, should be the photocopy of transcripts and degree or the original. It is not specified.

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Is the assessment different? I am asking this because in all probability, WES may assess my MBA as ‘Postgraduate diploma’ and I am in the danger of losing 8 points. So I thought why not do the ECA again with IQAS. Will it be beneficial?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is the assessment different? I am asking this because in all probability, WES may assess my MBA as ‘Postgraduate diploma’ and I am in the danger of losing 8 points. So I thought why not do the ECA again with IQAS. Will it be beneficial?
Yes it will be go for it. Even I lost points because of WES. I'm sending my PG Certificate to IQAS next week. From what I have read here, IQAS definitely seems to be much better and are more lenient.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
out of the 5 ECA organizations, WES ranks 5. like someone said the popularity maybe because it was one of the earliest and people did not know about others.