+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why should you Immigrate to BC

bc1357

May 4, 2009
thanks bcguy ill start looking for jobs in the bc area. by the way, where are some good places to live there other than vancouver and victoria.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
bc1357 said:
thanks bcguy ill start looking for jobs in the bc area. by the way, where are some good places to live there other than vancouver and victoria.
umm.... I think that's pretty much it.

( kamloops, campbell river and naniamo are some other small towns )

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Nanaimo about 50,000 People Kelowns in the Sunny Interior wine Country 100,000 Penticton and Kamloops about 50,000-100,000 People.These have hot warm climate with little rain

tran

May 10, 2009
It looks like BC has one of toughest PNP for investor; individual net worth C$800K. Saskatchewan and Yukon Territories need only about C$200K individual net worth. And, for New Brunswick, there's no mention about amount.

Recently, BC has some bad press about drug and violence. Is this the spillover effect from the States and Mexico?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you go for regional business, see http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincialnominee/businessimmigrants/categories.htm you only need net worth C$400,000 and investment of 200k

In SK net worth 250k and investment 150k, see http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/entrepreneur/?Anc=7e8f4b1d-79b4-4120-8b3a-599d97fc7875&Pa=ebd9edd0-fecd-4503-b6f7-70a7366de4c4

In MB net worth 350k and deposit of 75k to the government which you get back when you fulfill your agreement to buy a farm or a business in MB, see http://www.gov.mb.ca/ctt/invest/pnp-b/qualify.html

According to the NB self assessment, see http://www.gnb.ca/Immigration/Information/Kit/Self_assessment_BP.pdf it looks like if you score full points for everything else including ties in NB, you could get in with no business experience and no money. However, you do have to submit a business plan that they approve of, see http://www.gnb.ca/Immigration/Information/businessapplicants-e.asp

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
tran said:
It looks like BC has one of toughest PNP for investor; individual net worth C$800K. Saskatchewan and Yukon Territories need only about C$200K individual net worth. And, for New Brunswick, there's no mention about amount.

Recently, BC has some bad press about drug and violence. Is this the spillover effect from the States and Mexico?
Leon the Honorary British Columbian got it covered,Yes there have been about 20 Drug Related Deaths But In perspective thats over Greater Vancouver 2 million people over the last 6 months.So 3-4 deaths a month in a population of 2 Million is sad but nothing to panic about and when factor in 60% of them are in Surrey.......

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There were also a lot of drug related deaths in Edmonton, especially during the time things were booming. Authorities said basically it means that economy is good because people have money to do drugs. Almost all of the deaths are between people who are involved in crime. There are very few instances of innocent people getting caught in the middle.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
Jeez! I have been trying to find a way for BC PNP for the last so many weeks by reading up on all possible options, but no luck. I gave up the AINP idea because of two reasons (a) too many applications went crazy and I am sure they won't have enough jobs if even half of these people end up immigration from the US, and (b) AB send back my application asking for crazy documents, some which were actually in the application folder, so I realized they are trying to find reasons to turn IT guys down (2171 NOC).

Anyway, only because I am on my H1-B and not 100% sure about the timeline I would like to move in, I am not looking for a job offer in BC right now. I wish there was a way for skilled graduates to get the PR through BC so I could have enough time to make up my mind on the exact time. May be once the economy gets better!! :-D

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
sdesh005 said:
Jeez! I have been trying to find a way for BC PNP for the last so many weeks by reading up on all possible options, but no luck. I gave up the AINP idea because of two reasons (a) too many applications went crazy and I am sure they won't have enough jobs if even half of these people end up immigration from the US, and (b) AB send back my application asking for crazy documents, some which were actually in the application folder, so I realized they are trying to find reasons to turn IT guys down (2171 NOC).

Anyway, only because I am on my H1-B and not 100% sure about the timeline I would like to move in, I am not looking for a job offer in BC right now. I wish there was a way for skilled graduates to get the PR through BC so I could have enough time to make up my mind on the exact time. May be once the economy gets better!! :-D
Can you please let us know why was your AINP application returned. It will help many of us in this forum.

neda

Jan 9, 2009
YES, i think what you said is true, heard that from many people.. i've worked at the canadian company for almost 15 years they said the same thing... they said very convencing word about canada. i need your advice BC guy, we really want to immigrate B.C. if i visit B.C and find job there how many%is the
chances to be able to apply P.R. under semi skilled category? or pnp.
thansk for your advice!