+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why not considering after-marriage-relation proofs?

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan
Dear friends, I m from Bangladesh and I had a online communication with a girl from Canada. It's been around 3 years. We maintained a relation beyond friendship. Most of the time, she called me on phone using calling cards. Besides, we used to chat in Yahoo IM. Those records are poor to prove genuity.
After 2 years, she came to marry me with her parents consent. I had talked to them on phone. We arranged a party for wedding Reception in public. It was her sudden decision to marry me, her parents, family members could not come from Canada.
Now she is preparing to sponsor me.
Now I have
Before Marriage (Marriage held in January, 2011)
1. Few emails of 2008 and about 30 emails after marriage
2. Few chat logs before marriage
3. Two emails showed I met her father in 2008
4. Her mother and sisters letters telling that they met me in person in 2008
5. Her sisters confession that she introduced us 1st on phone
6. Her two times visits documents (first for meeting me in person, Second in my absence while I was in UK)
7. One picture we took in 2009 before marriage on our first meeting in person
After Marriage
8. Skype detailed history showing her cell phone number on which I called almost everyday around the year after marriage
9. Lots of pictures taken during our marriage and sweet photos during her following visit on our honeymoon
10. Her parents phone bills showing my number she called me around 1 year after marriage
11. Several sms records from us after marriage
12. Documents of money transfer through Western Union from her for buying gifts and staff for my mother and me. (I am not sure if I should show them or not)
13. Document of making me beneficiary in her government employment.
14. Several screen shots of our video chatting, sometimes with her mother.
15. She is well off.

What more I must show for sponsorship? Often she crys living alone without me. I can not help. I feel guilty......

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Re: I narried a canadian al most one year back, but now we r preparing application

Your delay to apply won't be the issue...it's the fact that you have very little to no supporting evidence. It will be very difficult to convince the VO that your marriage is genuine.

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan
Re: I narried a canadian al most one year back, but now we r preparing application

Zouk Princesse said:
Your delay to apply won't be the issue...it's the fact that you have very little to no supporting evidence. It will be very difficult to convince the VO that your marriage is genuine.
I have posted the documents I can provide. Now what u think? Will these help me?

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Re: I married my canadian wife one year back, now I m worried

How much time have you spent together? If it has been very little, you may have trouble convincing them it is genuine. Also, if you can show any sort of combined finances, photos of the marriage or your time together, evidence that you are combining your lives and affairs etc. If emails and skype history is all you have, it may be tough..

It would help if you are "similar" people. From similar backgrounds, similar ages, similar finances, similar education, similar life goals. So if you can show all those things, then you could have a good shot.

kmw

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-07-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29- 02 -2012
LANDED..........
23 -05 -2012

I believe that the worrisome part is the proof of relationship prior to your marriage. You've only met once in person and then right after that you got married and that can be the burden there. I believe that your 3 years communication with her before you get married with a proof can be a big help but also you mentioned earlier that it's only a good friendship. I don't know the definition of good friendship that you've got is this a boyfriend or girlfriend relationship or just a platonic friendship. Because if it is a special friendship then you could have a regular communication why? because its a long distance relationship and the only way to keep the long distance relationship is to have a regular communication in order to keep it. It might be tough due to lack of substantial evidence prior to your marriage but we also don't know if what can be in VO's mind remember they are also human and they are trained to do their jobs, so if you think you have a genuine relationship then chances are depending on how you can defend yourself.

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan

sidkrose said:
How much time have you spent together? If it has been very little, you may have trouble convincing them it is genuine. Also, if you can show any sort of combined finances, photos of the marriage or your time together, evidence that you are combining your lives and affairs etc. If emails and skype history is all you have, it may be tough..

It would help if you are "similar" people. From similar backgrounds, similar ages, similar finances, similar education, similar life goals. So if you can show all those things, then you could have a good shot.
Thanks for ur advice. We are common in mother tongue, country of origin, religion, culture, etc. Actually she migrated to canada 20 years back from my country with same type of society I m now in. Her family members all like me to be her husband.

kmw

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-07-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29- 02 -2012
LANDED..........
23 -05 -2012

Is it an arranged marriage?

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan

kmw said:
Is it an arranged marriage?
We knew each others and likes each others. But we decided finally to marry each other. Our family members were concerned and allowed us to take final decision. It is kind of love relation. But relationship grew deep very slowly. Besides, we spent time mostly on Yahoo IM, which records are tough to collect. Only after marriage, we have proofs that a genuin couple could have. Who can spend few hours everyday to talk to someone on phone except real couples almost one year?

kmw

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-07-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29- 02 -2012
LANDED..........
23 -05 -2012

You will be asked to write your full story about your relationship before you met her and the development of your relationship . The office will not decide right away and they will give you a chance to produce documents or maybe an interview. The burden of proof is in your hand I wish you good luck, all the best.

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010 and 04-11-2011
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012

You need more proof from BEFORE you were married. This is what they look for. If you just married with not a lot of proof of your relationship before the marriage, it might look like you married her just to get into Canada. Find as much proof as you can about your relationship before marriage...emails, photos, phone bills, skype calls, Facebook messages...anything you can find. Another user had suggested to show that you have joint bank accounts, similarities between you two, etc. those are very good ideas as well.

mhshahin

May 27, 2011
Pakistan

scarycemetery said:
You need more proof from BEFORE you were married. This is what they look for. If you just married with not a lot of proof of your relationship before the marriage, it might look like you married her just to get into Canada. Find as much proof as you can about your relationship before marriage...emails, photos, phone bills, skype calls, Facebook messages...anything you can find. Another user had suggested to show that you have joint bank accounts, similarities between you two, etc. those are very good ideas as well.
Both we live in different countries, it is now hard to open joint bank accounts. My wife already mentioned my name as beneficiary in her parmanent job.
Besides, she often send money to buy gifts and staff for my mother, though I requested her not to do. Are these useful? Will it show that I m financially dependent on her?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011

mhshahin said:
Both we live in different countries, it is now hard to open joint bank accounts. My wife already mentioned my name as beneficiary in her parmanent job.
Besides, she often send money to buy gifts and staff for my mother, though I requested her not to do. Are these useful? Will it show that I m financially dependent on her?
Yes, thats the best. Look dont focus on "MORE" proof. Think logically, you have to show 2 kinds of proof. 1) Financial Proofs and Emotional Proofs. This is what I read on their Operational Manuals. See the links below and they would answer alot of your questions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

In my opinion, You are good to go. You have honeymoon pictures, your spouse have shown you himself in his company which is considered a good point. You have all the wedding pictures. If CIC needs more proof, they usually request it and dont just deny your application just like that.

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Yes, I agree it seems like you do have lots. I would include the money transfers and beneficiary evidence for sure. My advice is to try to present as complete a picture of your relationship as possible. That is, try to include evidence of social ties as a couple (that friends and family know of and support your relationship), financial ties as a couple (that you are as interdependent financially as possible - not necessarily a joint bank account, just anything money related), evidence of "couple behaviour" (romantic rather than platonic language being used in emails, love letters/cards etc) and evidence of future plans (emails showing you talked about where you were going to live in canada, whether you want to have kids, what jobs/school you are thinking about, travel plans, etc)

And definitely give OP2 a read through. Also very important is that you make a logical and clear application, so get other native English speakers to read over things you have written to make sure they are as clear and concise as possible, and that your evidence is well explained or self explanatory.

I think you will be just fine, just take your time, cover your bases and prepare a great application :)