I expected the Azure concepts to be the hardest part of the Microsoft AZ-900 exam. Once I grasped the basics, the services felt pretty straightforward. The real surprise hit when I started practising. I recognised the services in the AZ-900 questions, yet I kept hesitating between two options. The problem wasn’t memorisation; interpreting the questions was unexpectedly tricky.
Knowing a service’s definition is just the starting point. You might know what Virtual Machines, App Service, and Functions do. But when a question mixes multiple requirements, things get messy. I knew what each service did, but I wasn’t always matching the right service to the specific scenario.
Here is the biggest realisation: the question isn't just testing your memory; it's testing the requirement. Suppose a scenario asks for an app to run in Azure with minimal infrastructure management. Your first instinct might be to pick a familiar hosting service. But you need to ask: what is the priority here? Concept recall is knowing what a service does. Question interpretation is knowing if it actually solves the exact problem described.
I caught myself hunting for familiar keywords. If I saw a term linked to a service I knew well, I’d pick it without reading the full scenario. I was stopping at the first plausible answer and ignoring why the other options were wrong.
Everything shifted when I changed my practice approach with Pass4Future. Instead of asking, Which service do I remember? I started asking, What is this question prioritising? I began identifying the core requirement, comparing similar options, and figuring out exactly why the wrong answers were eliminated.
This was one of my most important achievements regarding the Microsoft AZ-900 exam. It was not the concepts themselves that were difficult to grasp, but rather figuring out what was being asked by the question. Have others had a similar experience? Was there a subject that seemed easy to study but difficult when practised?
Knowing a service’s definition is just the starting point. You might know what Virtual Machines, App Service, and Functions do. But when a question mixes multiple requirements, things get messy. I knew what each service did, but I wasn’t always matching the right service to the specific scenario.
Here is the biggest realisation: the question isn't just testing your memory; it's testing the requirement. Suppose a scenario asks for an app to run in Azure with minimal infrastructure management. Your first instinct might be to pick a familiar hosting service. But you need to ask: what is the priority here? Concept recall is knowing what a service does. Question interpretation is knowing if it actually solves the exact problem described.
I caught myself hunting for familiar keywords. If I saw a term linked to a service I knew well, I’d pick it without reading the full scenario. I was stopping at the first plausible answer and ignoring why the other options were wrong.
Everything shifted when I changed my practice approach with Pass4Future. Instead of asking, Which service do I remember? I started asking, What is this question prioritising? I began identifying the core requirement, comparing similar options, and figuring out exactly why the wrong answers were eliminated.
This was one of my most important achievements regarding the Microsoft AZ-900 exam. It was not the concepts themselves that were difficult to grasp, but rather figuring out what was being asked by the question. Have others had a similar experience? Was there a subject that seemed easy to study but difficult when practised?
