+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do people give bad Karma when there has been nothing wrong/done....??

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
ChristyandRob said:
How do you give good / bad karma? I tried to give some good karma to some posters, but can't find the good karma giver thingy button? ???
Look on the left side of the post.

See the good bad ratings

click on either good or bad

thats karma for ya..... :D

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
oh and christyandrob.....I just clicked on your good button

you should now see a +1 -0 score.....LOL

I am getting karma trigger happy now I have found the button.

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
GGOOD has been a great help for those going through SINGAPORE visa office. Definitely a great help to me. I wish everyone the very best and be good to one another and support one another. We've already been bashed enough from CIC Visa Offices already! RIGHT? LOL! Good luck peeps and be open minded and open hearted ok. That's my final advice!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
A very good way to get rated "poor" is to call someone on their wrong advice. This sometimes happens in the Finance and Tax section, where -- with tax law especially -- a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing for new immigrants.

I corrected someone, asked him to support his advice by citing the basis in Law, he preferred instead to engage in personal insults or comments, and after that I noticed I was getting a negative vote every few days, regular as clockwork, over a period of weeks. The regularity of the negative votes suggests it was him, possibly using a reminder system, rather than a random collection of readers who suddenly decided in unison that didn't like my advice.

This rating thing is so subjective, so open to abuse, that it is best ignored.

BostonGirl

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good and helpfull answers are their own Good Karma :)

And sometimes just being there to listen.

snolan

Nov 27, 2009
haha someone gave me a -1 from this thread, just goes to show you you can't argue with stupid, they just take you down to their level! That is the danger of an anonymous system where every vote counts (whether earned or unearned)

As toby said, best thing to do is ignore the rating because in the end, it doesn't really mean a thing (like jeesh, look how many people give PMM negative karma)

gave me a bit of a lol though

edit: they did it again, haha.. how vindictive can you get! Must mean what I said was true! ;)

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
Unfortunately we are human and some human beings are quite the douche bag that they are. ENOUGH said! LOL.

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hahah to that last post....thanks you guys...Since posting this I have received MORE negative Karma...Can you believe that !! hahah

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
ashleighash said:
:-[

I've only ever tried to help and give advice, and give an input....So whoever gave me the bad Karma, I'd like to know what I did to offend you......... :(
I went back through your posts and I believe the post that you made that agreed with someone who felt that a other poster was giving bad advice is when you were given the "karma bomb"! Don't worry at all as the poster who probably gave it to you just doesn't like anyone suggesting that they think before they post.

Your only fault here was that you have the ability to see where commen sense is lacking. Don't take it personally. You have made some good posts.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Angelbrat and Ashleighash:

I rated you "good" to neutralize the absolutely-silly negative votes you got while participating in this rather fun topic. To the negative voters ... :mad:

And while I have been participating, I suddenly received 4 positive votes!! Thanks, you generous people. :D

If these votes seem arbitrary at times (and they do), let's all be arbitrary on the positive side.

Anyone need a positive vote? Or a hug? ;D

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Even PMM has negative karma, and has he/she ever given bad advice? Not that I've seen. You can't help wondering, though - what did I do wrong?
This forum is useful precisely because so many people answer. I've been on another forum where people ask questions and most go unanswered, and others get maybe one or two replies, so it is useless. Don't let the negative karma dissuade you from replying if you think you know the answer.

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, karma only counts in real life. That being said, some people post really stupid answers online. Take everything with a grain of salt and ignore the karma thing online. You just never know when someone's gonna get a burr in their saddle and karma bomb half the site. 8)

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is kinda nice to stray away from the every day stress of applying EH ! haha