+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do people give bad Karma when there has been nothing wrong/done....??

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:-[

I've only ever tried to help and give advice, and give an input....So whoever gave me the bad Karma, I'd like to know what I did to offend you......... :(

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Hey, don't worry too much about it. Sometimes there are people who just do that for no reason at all. If you are a nice person (I'm sure you are!) most people will see that and not hold it against you. :)

I went from 0 bad karma to -2 bad karma over a weekend when I wasn't on here posting at all.. so who knows?

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Sometimes people do't like the truth.

I have some too and I'm pretty sure it's beacuse someone didnt like the answer I gave once. It's unfortunate but true.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I replied to you in a private message, ashleighash. I wouldn't take it to heart.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
same here, im trying to help but some people maybe just dont like it the truth that is.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I'm sending positive karma to everyone who has posted in this thread so far :-*

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why they call it "karma" I'll never know! But I understand the purpose in that it can be dangerous giving and taking advice on an internet forum so everyone should be careful because immigration applications are life changing. I've been around here for a long time and it seems that there are some that think they know everything and don't and there are others that are truly knowledgable, understand the law, the process and do their best to explain it. Immigration is "individual" so there is no "one-size fits all" and that's what everyone needs to remember.

Take heart friends. You can learn alot from this place and you do get a lot of help from great people. You can also share your knowledge with others and try to help. But often you tell people something they don't want to hear and that makes them angry. Or, you correct an error of another and they get mad. Whatever. Focus on the positive. Good karma for everyone!!!

P.S. Even PMM has gotten bad karma hits and he is the SMARTEST person on this board when it comes to immigration!

snolan

Nov 27, 2009
Some people just sort of want you to say what they want to hear, I've noticed after many months of stressing "lurking"/reading what people are posting the vast majority of people are just overall helpful and in the same boat on the whole process: eager, helpful and stressed out!

Seems occasionally are a few who clearly has a complicated case and tends to want to blame visa offices ect and try to stress others out ("Watch out! This part of the process is indefinitely complicated hard if you do it you'll have problems!) and when told this is not correct they tend to go off on tangents. The occasional person who is just so frustrated they seems to make bigotry comments like "well then don't come to Canada stay in xx!" or just rude comments in general.

Point is, the negative people are usually more quick to act then the positive people. So I wouldn't worry about it or take it to heart! Keep your chin up! :)

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
ashleighash said:
:-[

I've only ever tried to help and give advice, and give an input....So whoever gave me the bad Karma, I'd like to know what I did to offend you......... :(
ii GAVE YOU A PLUS ONE!

B

boyee6576

I wouldnt worry about it. You cant please everyone. We are all just people struggling to have our spouses or partners with us. Some of us have gotten throught the process quickly with a happy ending while others of us have to deal with rejections and are still waiting after waiting for a long time. I dont believe anyone has given has purposely given bad advice. We try to share our experiences to help each other avoid the mistakes we have made or what have you. The bottom line is others can take our advice or choose not too. I think this online karma thing is kind of foolish and personally I dont pay any attention to it.

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
I ignore reputation, karma or whatever else their called rating because I've yet to see a board where they didn't turn into a popularity contest instead of a useful way to tell who really knew what they were talking about.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I have to admit, when I first read this post I had no idea what the karma thingy was.... :D

Then I figured it out and feel an idiot that I had never even noticed that part of the forum. I too, seem to have had bad karma and ya know, it hasn't changed my world.

I would ignore it, but just because I can, I have given everyone on this thread a plus....yeah me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
As above: I have to admit, when I first read this post I had no idea what the karma thingy was.... :)
I now noticed that I was given negativesssss...whyyyyyyy? I thought I have been trying my best to help. But I also can not/could not stand the fake "fiction" stories. I think the negativessss came from those who are fake members

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Halifax-Maple said:
As above: I have to admit, when I first read this post I had no idea what the karma thingy was.... :)
I now noticed that I was given negativesssss...whyyyyyyy? I thought I have been trying my best to help. But I also can not/could not stand the fake "fiction" stories. I think the negativessss came from those who are fake members

ha ha ha given you a good karma....see now you have equal karma which means you are gonna win the lottery (I only want half share OK?)

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
How do you give good / bad karma? I tried to give some good karma to some posters, but can't find the good karma giver thingy button? ???