+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why CIC takes times for Oath after Decision made

tigerskk

Mar 2, 2015
Why CIC takes times for Oath after Decision made, are they check background or docs etc.
Please share your experiences

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
tigerskk said:
Why CIC takes times for Oath after Decision made, are they check background or docs etc.
Please share your experiences
Because they don't do Oath every day, they schedule it for many person so my guess is they wait till it get full . Now I don’t know why some people get it way quicker and others wait 2 months. Maybe luck play a role too

tigerskk

Mar 2, 2015
that means after Decision made there is no further checking. everything is done and just waiting for Oath

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
tigerskk said:
that means after Decision made there is no further checking. everything is done and just waiting for Oath
Unless a clearance expires in the meantime. Then it is my understanding that it will have to be rerun before the oath. That might explain why some people get the oath in two months after DM and others are waiting five months or longer in the same city.....

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Unless a clearance expires in the meantime. Then it is my understanding that it will have to be rerun before the oath. That might explain why some people get the oath in two months after DM and others are waiting five months or longer in the same city.....
I see on cic website that it expire in 1 year minimum. since the cases where the oath is delayed (beyond 2 months). Those people's grant is finalised in less than 4 months. At that point of time they might still have valid clearances right ? why do they need to repeat the clearances again if they are still valid.

Validity for clearances is as indicated below.

Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My FOSS clearance expired in November 2015, RCMP in June 2016.
In August IRCC rerun the clearances and after about 3 weeks I've got my belated DM (1.5 years after the test).

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what i have observed this year, I have this fictitious theory.

Category 1 : for people who have got Decision Made in few months say 2-3 months after application is received usually get their oath late as there are much more people who have crossed the 12 month deadline and non-routine applications should get oath soon as they have waited long already and they dont want these category of people to fall down the mean statistics from 12 to 6 months citizenship processing time on the website. This in turn will put pressure on staff for expectations for next coming years.

category 2 : for people who have got Decision Made in say 4-6 months after application is received usually get their oath less than 2 month since they want to eliminate the pileup for oath ceremony by finishing oaths like a just in time process.

category 3 : for people who have got Decision Made in say 7-10 months after application is received usually get their oath less than 1 month as they have to finish the whole process in 12 month target.

category 4 :for people who have got Decision Made in more than 12 months after application is received usually get their oath very soon as they have been waiting and responding to RQ's and Fingers prints etc delays...