+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why CBSA exit report is not available yet?

Lutito

Nov 16, 2021
Hello everyone,

Kindly, if this happened to anyone, share with us!

I applied to get the entry/exit export for my travel history and I was hopeful to see my exits as it was announced that Entry and Exits both will be reported after June 2020.

I just received my report from the CBSA and NOT showing my exit fight which was in last May 2021!! Only showing my entry back to Canada!

If someone please can explain.

Thanks and stay safe!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied to get the entry/exit export for my travel history and I was hopeful to see my exits as it was announced that Entry and Exits both will be reported after June 2020.

I just received my report from the CBSA and NOT showing my exit fight which was in last May 2021!! Only showing my entry back to Canada!
Do you have the announcement, does it clearly say that both will be reported _to travellers_ after June 2020?

I don't think they did. They announced the govt would be tracking it - but it's not clear whether CBSA would have that info (it may be 'owned' by Transport Canada or some other agency.)

And I don't think anyone has clarified how you would get that info. It should be available by ATIP but you may have to ask the privacy commissioner.

Reactions: Lutito

Lutito

Nov 16, 2021
Do you have the announcement, does it clearly say that both will be reported _to travellers_ after June 2020?

I don't think they did. They announced the govt would be tracking it - but it's not clear whether CBSA would have that info (it may be 'owned' by Transport Canada or some other agency.)

And I don't think anyone has clarified how you would get that info. It should be available by ATIP but you may have to ask the privacy commissioner.

Thanks and I appreciate your time in responding to me.

The announcement is in here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/entry-exit.html

I still confused about what's going to happen, is it collecting and showing at the CBSA exit/entry report, or only tracking and saving in database?

I hope if someone can share a real recent experience after June 2020.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks and I appreciate your time in responding to me.

The announcement is in here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/entry-exit.html

I still confused about what's going to happen, is it collecting and showing at the CBSA exit/entry report, or only tracking and saving in database?

I hope if someone can share a real recent experience after June 2020.
Thanks. I don't know honestly. I think you'd have to contact the privacy commissioner or ombudsman to find out how people actually get the entry/exit data.

I haven't seen a single report of atip requests showing the exit data yet.

Reactions: Lutito