+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHV and Listing Addresses

thekindofguy

Star Member
Jun 14, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I completed part of a 2 year working holiday visa. I assume that I am considered as living outside of the country at this time. The problem I have is that I was never really stable and travelled outside that country often. However, I did work there.

Do I try to come up with every place I stayed in during this time or can I just write that I did a WHV with an explanation?

Thanks,

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
I did the same thing. 2 year WHV in London. Travelled almost once a month.
I listed my address as the same for the period i was in London living and working.
But when they asked for activies over the past 10 years - that took me a long time to work out.
I enetered every country i visited - even if i was there for a day. I had one month in my time in London where i was in 7 different countries in about 3 days. I entered everything i could, so that they couldnt say i missed anything. And in case they could pull my passprt travel history!1

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Places you stay on vacation are not your address. If you live in Saskatoon, say, for 10 years at one house, and travel twice a year, you would only put the Saskatoon address for the 10 years, and not list the hotel you stayed at in Mexico for two weeks, etc.
Now if you stayed in one place for several months, you could put that address.
Also, if you had one address in London for the length of time you stayed on the WHV, you can just use that address for the time period. I would attach a separate sheet explaining that while you were living in London you traveled a lot. You could attach the dates and countries visited; there is no need to list hotels, unless you stayed at one for months.
Now if you did not have a fixed address in London for that time, then state you were traveling. You could do as NicJohn did and enter every placed you stayed. Though I would say it is not necessary, and that an explanation that you were on a WHV with an explanation would be fine, listing the places you stayed at the longest.

thekindofguy

Star Member
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for the pointers. In this situation i am the sponsor so i am not sure about the 10 year thing or how important listing everything is. There is no way that i would be able to truthfully write down every date that i travelled as it was a long time ago and initially they were not stamping me back into the uk.