+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

whts the Future of International Students

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
KingOfGoodTimes said:
I agree to the last points.
I am a international student who did get a ITA, also got a PNP nomination for paper based application.

I don't understand what the fuzz is all about , even before the express entry program a international student would have to work for at least 1 year in a 0,A or B job before applying for federal through CEC (or work for certain amount of time for some PNP nominations).

I also don't see why one needs a Canadian undergrad degree and post graduate degree is needed,
I have a foreign undergrad degree and an Canadian post grad , I had one work experience both outside and inside Canada.
also a good IELTS score.This in itself will secure a ITA under the current scheme.

It gets even better if you are married or on a common law relation, you get points for that as well.

I agree that people who do not have foreign work experience and just undergrad Canadian degree will find it hard to get to the points, but it was same in case of CEC as well (you would have still needed to get one year Canadian work experience). I also agree that they didn't make it easy for students to get a express entry ITA but they also have not made it hard. I feel its just fair.

Also there is always the PNP route(some of them have started to have more transparent process)
The struggle is always when comparing to current EE to the old CEC. As I said in the other reply, the max a 1-yr exp Canadian undergrad can get in EE is 444, whereas the same condition can almost guarantee a PR in the old CEC. I am not saying that international student should be guarantee a PR, but if not so, Canada really lose the competitiveness as a Immigration destination for the young. It take longer in US to get a green card but at least you get to keep working, and Australia is getting easier now as well. The old CEC helps Canada to keep the talent that comes out of the Canadian Universities, which are all ready to contribute into the economy, and EE took that away by setting the cut off point higher than 450. I consider this a loss-loss

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
JohnsonBthe1 said:
You friends must be doing really well in interviews or you might be in a demand>supply job market (eg. Programmers). All my friends barely make 1 year exp with the 3 year work permit and I heard the job hunting is even worse now. Anyway, it doesn't seem so bad to go to college after graduation, but comparing to the old CEC, this means extra work for international student and put the victims of cap reach in 2014 in a very tough position (PGWP expiring and too late for college/2 year exp)
Rather than doing 2 year college certificate, get admission in a Masters program and apply through international student-masters stream after you graduate. This would be the best option for those with lesser time on their PGWP.

nakulgoenka

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Would you like sharing the process of getting PNP? How is it possible to get it "during 1 year of experience"? Thanks

You can ... for example .. in Manitoba or saskatchan or BC.. they have special programs for International students...

yes ofcourse, its not that easy as it was before EE but thats gone is gone.. looking at present scenario.. these are options left for students to get 600 points.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
JohnsonBthe1 said:
The struggle is always when comparing to current EE to the old CEC. As I said in the other reply, the max a 1-yr exp Canadian undergrad can get in EE is 444, whereas the same condition can almost guarantee a PR in the old CEC. I am not saying that international student should be guarantee a PR, but if not so, Canada really lose the competitiveness as a Immigration destination for the young. It take longer in US to get a green card but at least you get to keep working, and Australia is getting easier now as well. The old CEC helps Canada to keep the talent that comes out of the Canadian Universities, which are all ready to contribute into the economy, and EE took that away by setting the cut off point higher than 450. I consider this a loss-loss
I do strongly believe international student should be guaranteed a PR as they have almost settled into the society. My point being it is not that difficult that it used to be.

As I said there is always PNP which( will be much faster as things are moving) and more in line with the students staying and contributing to the community they have already settled in.

All being said will it be nice to get some points for PGWP same as PNP or LIMA , of-course it will !
But fact remains PGWP was never a factor in getting CEC ,so it makes sense that they didn considered it for EE.

I don't see EE as end of international students inflow !

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KingOfGoodTimes said:
I agree to the last points.
I am a international student who did get a ITA, also got a PNP nomination for paper based application.

I don't understand what the fuzz is all about , even before the express entry program a international student would have to work for at least 1 year in a 0,A or B job before applying for federal through CEC (or work for certain amount of time for some PNP nominations).

I also don't see why one needs a Canadian undergrad degree and post graduate degree is needed,
I have a foreign undergrad degree and an Canadian post grad , I had one work experience both outside and inside Canada.
also a good IELTS score.This in itself will secure a ITA under the current scheme.

It gets even better if you are married or on a common law relation, you get points for that as well.

I agree that people who do not have foreign work experience and just undergrad Canadian degree will find it hard to get to the points, but it was same in case of CEC as well (you would have still needed to get one year Canadian work experience). I also agree that they didn't make it easy for students to get a express entry ITA but they also have not made it hard. I feel its just fair.

Also there is always the PNP route(some of them have started to have more transparent process)
That is true. I was mainly just giving one scenario directed at the many young future international students who have no post secondary education. If this is you, then expect to do a bachelor + post grad certificate in Canada or Canadian equivalent. Do not expect that just a bachelors degree to get you PR anymore.

eeuser

Feb 2, 2015
intensecool said:
I was an international student but despite the fact that 99% of my colleagues got 3 yr work permit, i alongwith 3 more got only 1 year of WP after master's degree and we had to come back since it takes time to get a job and once your employer sees 1 yr permit, it becomes a hesitation for him to employ you.

Kind of dark future especially for marketing people like me :(
Hello intensecool

Can you please tell me how long was your Masters Degree for? How many months total?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnsonBthe1 said:
The struggle is always when comparing to current EE to the old CEC. As I said in the other reply, the max a 1-yr exp Canadian undergrad can get in EE is 444, whereas the same condition can almost guarantee a PR in the old CEC.
This is true, a friend of mine was able to get his PR through the CEC with a salary of $38k/year (2012). Now, you need at least above $47k/year to be able to enter the PNP. It's not that easy to find a junior positions for undergrad with hourly rate above $22/hr. Many junior accountants I know, usually start with a rate ~$18/hr which is not eligible for the PNP.

How can young international undergrad without or with only 1 year experience can compete with older people outside Canada with more than 5 yrs experience with families ?

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Can someone share the list of postgrad Certificates that can allow to get those extra points for EE? Are there any online courses/certificates included in the list?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Alexios07 said:
This is true, a friend of mine was able to get his PR through the CEC with a salary of $38k/year (2012). Now, you need at least above $47k/year to be able to enter the PNP. It's not that easy to find a junior positions for undergrad with hourly rate above $22/hr. Many junior accountants I know, usually start with a rate ~$18/hr which is not eligible for the PNP.

How can young international undergrad without or with only 1 year experience can compete with older people outside Canada with more than 5 yrs experience with families ?
But doesn't they consider both exp diff : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Canadian work experience 70 or 80 points comes under Core / human capital factors and Foreign work experience point 50 under Skill Transferability factors.

Or I am totally understanding this wrong ?

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First and foremost, good to see one topic who has calm discussion among applicants. I am also international student and graduated from Niagara college by completing post graduate certificate. I can understand the pain of immigrants and specially international students. I appeared for IELTS 5 time to make me eligible for EE. Lots of people are facing problem from WES side but i got my ECA in 10 days in the month of may. When luck is in your one side then other side has to struggle. I spend 1400$ on my Ielts but finally made it with high score.

I have taken a big risk of my life, to apply pgwp after 1 year of certificate and as expected i got one year pgwp. I recently applied Bc pNP EE and i am relaxed even processing time jump to 4 months, but i know i can make it.

Thanks to my bull*censored word* lawyer who convinced me to file LmIA instead of PNP, wasted my 800$ on advertisements and other stuff, but after deep research i filed my own immigration and pretty much familiar with all PnP rules. Sometimes, dumb people help you in life. She made me realise that we have already spend thousand dollars now dnt spend other thousand dollars on fool like me :D. Moreover, i helped my family and friends who were interested in Canada and guess what they all got an ITA Haha its funny and i am still waiting for PnP, but happy for them

I believe we all can do whatever we want in life and recover out thousand dollars fees. I suggest everyone who have studied and have 3 year pgwp. Guys do proper research by yourself instead of listening to immigration consultants and lawyer because at the end, we would not regret it :)

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I did my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (4 year program), graduated last year. I'm working for almost 9 months and job is related to my field. I did talk to few consultants for my immigration as I will be eligible to apply for EE after 1 year of experience. Most of them said that I don't need LMIA as international students with post grad work permit and job are exempt from it. My question is how I will be able to get ITA with such a low score as I see the lowest point is approx 453 till now. Did anyone get ITA yet who is an international student with similar score and exempt from LMIA? When I ask consultants, they don't give proper answer to me. I believe my score is around 380 or something. Will appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do agree with most people here. Being an international student the max score I could and did get was 444. Then PGWP expired and there is literally no way to increase score. The only way I bumped mine to 482 and got ITA was by getting work exp at my fathers company. Not the right thing to do but all these 7 years and the money spent goes to waste because suddenly the system is changed. They should have given it more thought since International students add around $10 billion to the economy from what I read. Hoping that goes down quickly so Mr. Harper feels the consequences.

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
job market in Canada is worse.

but i really hope that people who graduated from canadian univs get a job. we inveested a lot of money and time in here. dont want people who keep fake experience and bump up their resumes effect our lives