+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who waiting for PPR after medical done join here

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
XanderZ said:
Hi, you shouldnt have too worry about work permit, because you're definitely eligible applying for (Bridging Open Work Permit) because you applied within CEC category.
That means, with that permit you can still continue working and don't need to leave the country before they make the final decision to refuse your application. (which is unlikely since you already completed medical and pay RPRF)

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
Hi I am in a similar situation. My BOWP expires in March . I may need to apply for second BOWP if the PR process is not complete before that. Any idea on probability of 2nd BOWP getting approved or rejected? Thanks

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Toronto2013 said:
Hi I am in a similar situation. My BOWP expires in March . I may need to apply for second BOWP if the PR process is not complete before that. Any idea on probability of 2nd BOWP getting approved or rejected? Thanks
I don't know if I'm wrong/right.. but I got a feeling that if they haven't made any decision approve/refuse (for example on extreme case.. your application span for like 3 years or more).
You will still get your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc BOWP with no problem..

can anybody clarify this?

kkalra

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea man... I haven't applied my first BOWP yet.

But I am guessing that it's shouldn't be a problem for you...

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP extension is provided for one year at a time if the processing of PR is not complete and WP or BOWP is going to expire. That is reason why it is called bridging over WP. One should apply in advance to the current processing time not near or after expiry. If PR processing take more time than 1 year, one might end up with 2 or more BOWP.

Hope this helps.

toronto2222

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 11th 2013
AOR Received.
30th Jan 2014
Med's Request
24th June 2014
Med's Done....
11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
rks0101 said:
WP extension is provided for one year at a time is the processing of PR is not complete and WP or BOWP is going to expire. That is reason why it is called bridging over WP. One should apply in advance to the current processing time not near or after expiry. If PR processing take more time than 1 year, one might end up with 2 or more BOWP.

Hope this helps.
A question on this please....I am currently on a BOWP which expires in august 2015..and come august 2015 i would've spent 4 years on work permit..and I read on cic website that one can stay on work permit for only 4 years at a time?..after that need to apply for PR to keep working here...right now my applications seems to be little delayed coz its been transferred a couple of times due to the officer departing...if in the very worst case it gets so delayed that no decision is taken and application is still in process till august..what are my options then?

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto2222 said:
A question on this please....I am currently on a BOWP which expires in august 2015..and come august 2015 i would've spent 4 years on work permit..and I read on cic website that one can stay on work permit for only 4 years at a time?..after that need to apply for PR to keep working here...right now my applications seems to be little delayed coz its been transferred a couple of times due to the officer departing...if in the very worst case it gets so delayed that no decision is taken and application is still in process till august..what are my options then?
What I know is that unstated limit on closed WP extension is 5 years in general skills cases. BOWP, which is given on basis of pending PR application, has no limit and is given till the PR process is complete.

Hope this helps.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
rks0101 said:
WP extension is provided for one year at a time if the processing of PR is not complete and WP or BOWP is going to expire. That is reason why it is called bridging over WP. One should apply in advance to the current processing time not near or after expiry. If PR processing take more time than 1 year, one might end up with 2 or more BOWP.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Is it a good time to apply for 2nd BOWP now or apply one month before it expires? Mine will expire on 15th March.

toronto2222

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 11th 2013
AOR Received.
30th Jan 2014
Med's Request
24th June 2014
Med's Done....
11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
rks0101 said:
What I know is that unstated limit on closed WP extension is 5 years in general skills cases. BOWP, which is given on basis of pending PR application, has no limit and is given till the PR process is complete.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! It does help! What about the spouse who is also working currently and is a dependent applicant on the PR application? BOWP can be applied to them as well right as a dependent on the primary?

dd17dd86

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
I m in d same situation as you. I m a july 2013 applicants. Medical done in march 2014. Rprf request came in march nothing came up almost 9 months

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto2222 said:
Thanks! It does help! What about the spouse who is also working currently and is a dependent applicant on the PR application? BOWP can be applied to them as well right as a dependent on the primary?
What I know that BOWP & Study permits for dependent children of PA, Spouse and dependent should be applied preferably together for renewal. PA can be done also separately and earlier, but not other way round.

Thx

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rks0101 said:

Hope this helps.
My info of 5 years limit on WP extension was incorrect. Site - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible/four-year-maximum.asp, states that in most cases the limit is 4 years.

Please note.

Thx

toronto2222

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 11th 2013
AOR Received.
30th Jan 2014
Med's Request
24th June 2014
Med's Done....
11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
rks0101 said:
My info of 5 years limit on WP extension was incorrect. Site - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible/four-year-maximum.asp, states that in most cases the limit is 4 years.

Please note.

Thx
Hi yes I found out as well that there is a 4 year limit on work permits..but if your PR application is in process you can apply for BOWP as many times..till some decision is made on the PR..apparently there is no limit on BOWP.

toronto2222

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 11th 2013
AOR Received.
30th Jan 2014
Med's Request
24th June 2014
Med's Done....
11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
Finally..4 months after doing medicals and paying rprf.. Today the ecas status got updated with the line "medicals have been received".. :) hoping for the best now..