+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who waiting for PPR after medical done join here

pravesht

Aug 21, 2018
Today I have received RPRF request letter from New Delhi VO though I have already paid the fee long back on 22nd August, 2017. My medicals will also expire at the end of January, 2019. Please guide how to respond to the query and what should I do for medicals. Please shed some light when I can get PPR request.

Last edited:

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Today I have received RPRF request letter from New Delhi VO though I have already paid the fee long back on 22nd August, 2017. Please guide how to respond to the query and shed some light when I can get PPR request. Thanks
That's unusual..
Probably experienced members may have something to say about this..

mkareem

Jan 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have recently passed my medical exam and the background check is just started. As my passport is going to expire in few months, I got a new one (but still have the old/cancelled one). The question is once I receive the PPR, should I send both passports and an explanation letter, or just the new one, or should I send the new passport info to cic as soon as possible and not to wait until PPR email?

I am an inland CEC applicant

Thanks and good luck for all

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have recently passed my medical exam and the background check is just started. As my passport is going to expire in few months, I got a new one (but still have the old/cancelled one). The question is once I receive the PPR, should I send both passports and an explanation letter, or just the new one, or should I send the new passport info to cic as soon as possible and not to wait until PPR email?

I also have 2 passports..i uploaded the scanned copies of both the passports and visas when i submitted documents while applying..
I dont think you need to give both pp for stamping..

Reactions: Prabha28

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

You need to update IRCC with a scan copy of your new passport, if you used your old one during the application.

mkareem

Jan 10, 2019
You need to update IRCC with a scan copy of your new passport, if you used your old one during the application.
Thanks @Hmstr for your response. I think I should do that via the cic web form, right? I am wondering if this could cause any delay in the PR process, and what would happen if I just wait till I receive the PPR email and then send them the new passport with an explanation letter? In CIC there are some examples of change in situation that the applicant should give update if the changes happen after the application submission, but renewing passports is not mentioned. Anybody have such experience?

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Thanks @Hmstr for your response. I think I should do that via the cic web form, right? I am wondering if this could cause any delay in the PR process, and what would happen if I just wait till I receive the PPR email and then send them the new passport with an explanation letter? In CIC there are some examples of change in situation that the applicant should give update if the changes happen after the application submission, but renewing passports is not mentioned. Anybody have such experience?

I ran into the same problem too, and had to renew my passport two months after I submitted. I think the person I consulted with mentioned either I was to be more proactive and provide IRCC with the new passport through the web form or they will send me a request for additional documents during background checks when they notice my passport has expired. The latter option will definitely cause delay.
But so far I’m hitting the 6-month mark with no update on my application... not sure if it is simply because CEC became really slow or it is because the passport.

Fizza farooq

Jan 9, 2019
From Pakistan
I've passed my medical exam on June 2018 and now it's been more 6 months that I haven't received passport request yet. Background check is in progress and so does the final decision.
Its Gonna be a year to my AOR in Feb.
Any idea how long would it take further?

mohammad fatima

May 12, 2018
From Pakistan
I've passed my medical exam on June 2018 and now it's been more 6 months that I haven't received passport request yet. Background check is in progress and so does the final decision.
We are on same boat

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
From Pakistan

I am waiting since April 2018. So it has been 9 months now. Are you inland applicant?