+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who waiting for MR for more than 8 months. Please join here

dujw

Jul 4, 2011
C_Survival said:
I just sent a new employee letter and in the cover letter I said "my previous letter didn't mention my duties in details"

I know some people mention more details in their cover letter like "they ordered GCMS and figured that their letter was missing the list of detailed duties"

attach a cover letter and explain why you are sending it, I read on this forum cases of people from last year who had the same situation and they submitted new letter. it worked fine for them.
Hi dear, which email address you used to send this information?

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
dujw said:
Hi dear, which email address you used to send this information?
I sent it out to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca"

but I also sent a paper copy by mail. whatever method you decide to send your new letter by make sure you include the following:

1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. client ID
4. application number
5. Date of birth
6. Nationality

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Waiting for more than 8 months now; no further contact from CIC since AOR, eCAS still shows "Application Received". Details as follows:

Application filed: 22 April 2014
AOR: 27 May 2014
Application: Mum & Dad and 2 young children under 16 years
GCMS ordered: 03 January 2015

I have book in for an upfront medical after discussing with Medical Provider

dujw

Jul 4, 2011
Amisnic said:
Waiting for more than 8 months now; no further contact from CIC since AOR, eCAS still shows "Application Received". Details as follows:

Application filed: 22 April 2014
AOR: 27 May 2014
Application: Mum & Dad and 2 young children under 16 years
GCMS ordered: 03 January 2015

I have book in for an upfront medical after discussing with Medical Provider
Hi dear,

Maybe my question is a little bit stupid, but please help me.

Why did you book upfront medical? what's that mean?

I applied on april, and get the AOR on the end of April. I applied GCMS notes on December 11, 2014, still no feedback yet.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Upfront medical might shed a few days of the total processing once medical is requested. I cannot at this stage see why we will get rejected so happy to do this.

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Hi All,
I just received my GCMS.. it says in short" Employment letters dated XXXX confirms dates of employment,position title and a salary of XX per yar. A T4 from 2013 shows reported earnings of XX. Letter does NOT provide information regarding applicats duties and functions within the company. Web based search conducted - online information verified. IELTS submitted. Applicat meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level :A . RECOMMENDATION: review required by officer"

I sent two reference letters 1. Offer letter from my employer with duties and all details. 2. Latest Experience letter in 2014. But he is only referring 2nd letter not the 1st one. He might be some fresh out of college IDIOT.

If I send a new reference letter with all my duties, How long the second review will take? it is so frustrating.. Please help me.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
pvr said:
Hi All,
I just received my GCMS.. it says in short" Employment letters dated XXXX confirms dates of employment,position title and a salary of XX per yar. A T4 from 2013 shows reported earnings of XX. Letter does NOT provide information regarding applicats duties and functions within the company. Web based search conducted - online information verified. IELTS submitted. Applicat meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level :A . RECOMMENDATION: review required by officer"

I sent two reference letters 1. Offer letter from my employer with duties and all details. 2. Latest Experience letter in 2014. But he is only referring 2nd letter not the 1st one. He might be some fresh out of college IDIOT.

If I send a new reference letter with all my duties, How long the second review will take? it is so frustrating.. Please help me.
Offer letters usually are not considered as "proof of duties". You still need LOE (Letter of Employment) from your employer which describes duties you performed.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
pfse said:
Offer letters usually are not considered as "proof of duties". You still need LOE (Letter of Employment) from your employer which describes duties you performed.
That's correct. Offer letters are written when they offer you the job, obviously. What you eventually end up doing could be very different than what's on the offer letter!

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
C_Survival said:
Yes that's exactly what you should do, I am in the the same situation as yours and I already submit a new letter, without them asking. Just because they may simply reject you without asking
hi my friend ,
would you mind PM me with the cover letter draft which used for updating the reference letter ? will compare and create one
Thanks in Advance.

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
akil_f1 said:
hi my friend ,
would you mind PM me with the cover letter draft which used for updating the reference letter ? will compare and create one
Thanks in Advance.
My cover letter is not the best example. However, I've seen a post of someone posting their letter somewhere here. I thought it was great. I will try to find it for you tomorrow. Now it is time for dinner +wine+good company

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
C_Survival said:
My cover letter is not the best example. However, I've seen a post of someone posting their letter somewhere here. I thought it was great. I will try to find it for you tomorrow. Now it is time for dinner +wine+good company
Speaking of wine my 2 cents, please do not consume any sort of alcohol or caffeine for at least 24 hours prior to your medical exam.

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
alijumani said:
Speaking of wine my 2 cents, please do not consume any sort of alcohol or caffeine for at least 24 hours prior to your medical exam.
No alcohol no problem but no caffeine might be tough, but thanks for the advice

rak2014

Sep 8, 2014
rickyin said:
that is great. I submitted my additional doc almost 3 months ago, but the VO looks like did not go over it so far. My case is still review required by officer. Did you submit your doc and got MR at the same day?
I have got my GCMS in Oct and send the supporting documents with in few weeks. But, the VO took more than 2 months for 2nd review. I have ordered my one more GCMS notes. I think, the 2nd review is taking 3 to 4 months to get the review completed.