Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can the wife of my wife's nephew be my supporter for manitoba mpnp

oladet

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the principal applicant, but I would want the wife of my wife's nephew to support because she has a steady and good job

olxandr

Sep 22, 2015
I am the principal applicant, but I would want the wife of my wife's nephew to support because she has a steady and good job
Yes, the wife of your wife's nephew can support you as the principal applicant. But there is a big BUT. If I understand the wording from the mpnp website correctly, you'll be awarded only 50 points for having a distant relative(the wife of your wife's nephew) in Manitoba what makes almost impossible to be selected from any draw in the near future as a cutoff currently hovering around 560ish points. On the other hand, the nephew of your wife is still considered your close relative and if the nephew will be your Manitoba supporter then you'll be awarded 200 points for having a close relative in Manitoba, and 200 points including other points in total will give you a pretty good chance to receive a letter of advice to apply mpnp.
Nevertheless, if you make your wife the principal applicant, then the wife of your wife's nephew can be her supporter and award her(in case she is the principal applicant) 200 point for having a close relative in Manitoba.
Just to make my reply short: the nephew is your close relative but his wife is not. But for your wife, both the nephew and his wife are considered close relatives.

Familial relationships

To be considered a close relative, a Manitoba Supporter must be related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) in one of the following ways:

• sister or brother
  • niece or nephew (ex: child of your sister or brother)
  • aunt or uncle (ex: brother or sister of your mother or father)
  • first cousin (ex: child of your aunt or uncle)
  • mother or father
  • grandmother or grandfather
https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/

oladet

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the wife of your wife's nephew can support you as the principal applicant. But there is a big BUT. If I understand the wording from the mpnp website correctly, you'll be awarded only 50 points for having a distant relative(the wife of your wife's nephew) in Manitoba what makes almost impossible to be selected from any draw in the near future as a cutoff currently hovering around 560ish points. On the other hand, the nephew of your wife is still considered your close relative and if the nephew will be your Manitoba supporter then you'll be awarded 200 points for having a close relative in Manitoba, and 200 points including other points in total will give you a pretty good chance to receive a letter of advice to apply mpnp.
Nevertheless, if you make your wife the principal applicant, then the wife of your wife's nephew can be her supporter and award her(in case she is the principal applicant) 200 point for having a close relative in Manitoba.
Just to make my reply short: the nephew is your close relative but his wife is not. But for your wife, both the nephew and his wife are considered close relatives.

Familial relationships

To be considered a close relative, a Manitoba Supporter must be related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) in one of the following ways:

• sister or brother
  • niece or nephew (ex: child of your sister or brother)
  • aunt or uncle (ex: brother or sister of your mother or father)
  • first cousin (ex: child of your aunt or uncle)
  • mother or father
  • grandmother or grandfather
https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/
Thank you very much, but unfortunately my spouse is older, has no points there, has only first degree unlike myself with masters and the ielts score is much lower clb 6 unlike my clb 8.

olxandr

Sep 22, 2015
Thank you very much, but unfortunately my spouse is older, has no points there, has only first degree unlike myself with masters and the ielts score is much lower clb 6 unlike my clb 8.
You are welcome, but I believe I misguided you.
In my initial reply, I said "the nephew is your close relative but his wife is not. But for your wife, both the nephew and his wife are considered close relatives." But when I reread a couple of times "To be considered a close relative, a Manitoba Supporter must be related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse)" I realized that only the nephew is related to you and your wife as a close relative, The nephew's wife is a distant relative for both, you and your wife, and it would be useless to make the nephew's wife your supporter. Though you can always email MPNP office to double-check.

Nevertheless, you should understand that MPNP is designed for skilled immigrants who can be economically successful in Manitoba, and you shouldn't confuse support with sponsorship as those are absolutely different terms. In your settlement plan, you mustn't rely on you supporter finances by any means. You supporter may help you with finding accommodation, introducing to his connections, suggesting recruitment agencies, helping with a resume and job search and anything else what your supporter already went through, there is an almost endless list of things what your supporter can help you establish yourself in Manitoba as quickly as possible. For example, my supporter(a friend) was a student at the time I submitted my application but his wife had a good job, etc, but I still made my friend my supporter. We just had to be a bit more creative in answering questions in his and my settlement plan forms. The only docs my friend had to provide were his Manitoba driver's license, PR card and a filled out settlement plan support form http://immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/2013/10/manitoba-immigration-mpnp-settlement-plan-2.pdf

I would say a supporter from Manitoba is more like an anchor to stop you from moving elsewhere, as if you move out the province then your supporter will most likely fail in sponsoring anyone after you move, 'cause a Manitoba supporter must show proof that previous supported relatives/friends have established in Manitoba.

In overall if you don't have any strong ties in any other province what you might need to overcome by showing stronger ties to Manitoba, such as other relatives in other provinces or previous visas to Canada with indicated destinations somewhere else than Manitoba, then you shouldn't be too concerned about making your wife's nephew your supporter. That all just depends on your current circumstances.