+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whitby Vs Milton

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I know Milton is in high demand among new immigrants. But is it worth all that extra cash? It keeps getting expensive. How does Whitby compare to Milton, other than the property taxes and the conservation parks?

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Personally I prefer Whitby especially Whitby North. Lots of new houses and still growing. Choosing an area totally depends on your need. Like if you want live in around close to public transit, distance between your work and home, shopping mall, good school etc. Then you can narrow it down upon your preferences and priorities.

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Personally I prefer Whitby especially Whitby North. Lots of new houses and still growing. Choosing an area totally depends on your need. Like if you want live in around close to public transit, distance between your work and home, shopping mall, good school etc. Then you can narrow it down upon your preferences and priorities.
Right. I think even the GO train frequency seems better on the LE compared to Milton. What about schools in Whitby?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Right. I think even the GO train frequency seems better on the LE compared to Milton. What about schools in Whitby?
Would really focus on where you find employment first or where you are more likely to find employment. If you live in the eastern suburbs and work in Mississauga, for example, you are going to spend a huge amount of time in your car. In general the quality of the school tends to coincide with the median housing price of the neighbourhood but there isn’t a big difference between good and very good public schools. Most of the time it comes down to the teacher and the other students in the class.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Having scouted both Whitby and Milton a few months ago, here's my take: the Milton Go may not be something to be proud about but Milton does provide access to two major job markets in downtown Toronto and Mississauga. Whitby and the Durham region in general appears to be more lively and busy.

Reactions: shayusuf247

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Having scouted both Whitby and Milton a few months ago, here's my take: the Milton Go may not be something to be proud about but Milton does provide access to two major job markets in downtown Toronto and Mississauga. Whitby and the Durham region in general appears to be more lively and busy.
Right whitby has GO trains to downtown throughout the day. But is it true it takes 1.5 hours door to door to get to downtown from either of the places?