+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Visa Office shld I apply to (Sydney/N.Delhi)

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

Kindly advice me which Visa Office (Sydney or New-Delhi) should I send my PR application (Family stream) to:

My Situation:
Myself: Indian citizen, residing & working in Australia since 2009 (on Spouse visa with no expiry date)
My Husband: Australian Citizen & Canadian PR, just moved to Canada & sponsoring me for Canadian PR (family stream).

My Preference: I wish to apply from Sydney Visa Office because:
- I don't wish to send my PP overseas to ND through International Mail
- I don't wish to be in Australia without my Passport, while my Passport is with ND VO for months.
- I don't wish to take leave and buy international ticket to fly to ND in the case of an Interview.
- Most importantly, I worry, in case my passport is requested by ND VO, they may then ask me to attend interview, but I wouldn't be able to fly to India as my Passport would already be with them.

Thanks for your kind help!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I would apply through the Sydney office. You can apply through Sydney as long as you were intially admitted to Australia legally for one year which it seems you were.

It's actually illegal to send your passport to India through any sort of mail/courier which would mean you would have to hand deliver it anyways and it's requested earlier on so you would have to remain there until they issued the visa.

Get that application together and go with Sydney!