+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which should I do first, Spousal Sponsorship or Visitor's Visa for a Newly Wedded Couple

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hello,

I need clarification on what to do.
I got married in August 2021 with my wife being a Permanent Resident in Canada
Waited for September 7th travel exemption as released by IRCC
Applied for Visitor's Visa September 11th 2021 (with Letter of Invitation from my wife)
Got Biometric Notification September 13th 2021
Biometric updated September 14th 2021

Still awaiting the feedback of the visitor's visa. Should I go on to apply for Family Class (Spouse) Outland Sponsorship immediately or wait for the outcome of the visitor's visa before taking the next step?

Will apply for spousal sponsorship concurently affects in anyway?

Kindly advice!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Applied for Visitor's Visa September 11th 2021 (with Letter of Invitation from my wife)

Still awaiting the feedback of the visitor's visa. Should I go on to apply for Family Class (Spouse) Outland Sponsorship immediately or wait for the outcome of the visitor's visa before taking the next step?

Kindly advice!!!
I would personally go ahead and submit the outland spousal application. You have no idea if the TRV is going to be approved.

There are no issues applying for both.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Kindly advice!!!
Is your wife back in Canada? She must be in Canada to sponsor your PR. TRV is not guaranteed for spouses of PRs or citizens. People misunderstood the travel exemption and thought that all spouses of PRs and citizens could travel to Canada. If a spouse is able to secure a TRV they then they were able to travel to Canada. During covid it has become easier to secure a TRV as a spouse of a PR or citizen. Before covid it was extremely difficult to get the TRV.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Kindly advice!!!
There are posts mentioning a marriage in 2019. Did your spouse get married in 2019 as well? Has she been living in Canada for 2 out of the past 5 years?