+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which program i should choose for better visa approval chances

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
Hello Everyone
Seniors in this group please guide. I have two offer letters and i have to pay fees in one university as soon as possible.

I received 1st offer letter from University of Winnipeg for 1 year Advanced Business Management diploma and the fees is 12500 CAD. They are offering Leadership, project management and management certificates and also there is an opportunity to get CIM certification along with necessary internship. Eligibility criteria to get admission was 4 years bachelors in relevant field and 1 year job experience

Second offer letter i received from University Canada West (Private University) for MBA program and the fees is 17500 CAD and i got 5000 CAD scholarship for second year and fees for 2nd year is reduced to 12500 CAD.
I did 2 years Bachelor of Commerce and 2 years Masters in Public Administration (Equal to 4 years bachelor at the international level). I have 2 years job experience in HR and Administration.
I want to know which program i should choose for better visa chances. Seniors in this group please guide.

Nov 30, 2020
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
I would advise going for University of Winnipeg as it is a public university when compared to canada west which is private. Your chances of obtaining a visa is slimmer in the private route.

Reactions: Bashir.Ahmad

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello Everyone
Seniors in this group please guide. I have two offer letters and i have to pay fees in one university as soon as possible.

I received 1st offer letter from University of Winnipeg for 1 year Advanced Business Management diploma and the fees is 12500 CAD. They are offering Leadership, project management and management certificates and also there is an opportunity to get CIM certification along with necessary internship. Eligibility criteria to get admission was 4 years bachelors in relevant field and 1 year job experience

Second offer letter i received from University Canada West (Private University) for MBA program and the fees is 17500 CAD and i got 5000 CAD scholarship for second year and fees for 2nd year is reduced to 12500 CAD.
I did 2 years Bachelor of Commerce and 2 years Masters in Public Administration (Equal to 4 years bachelor at the international level). I have 2 years job experience in HR and Administration.
I want to know which program i should choose for better visa chances. Seniors in this group please guide.
What is advanced diploma? Is that for bachelor's holders or lower level of study? Either way, both are not good for you since you already have a masters

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
What is advanced diploma? Is that for bachelor's holders or lower level of study? Either way, both are not good for you since you already have a masters
Advanced diploma is for those students who have 12 years of education not for bachelor students. PGD is for Bachelor students. The eligibility criteria to get admission in 1 year Advanced Business Management is 4 years bachelors or Masters (Equal to 18 years education).

I did 2 years bachelor and 2 years masters from Pakistan. Both degrees combines to form 4 years bachelor at the international level. My current education is not equal to Masters at the international level.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Advanced diploma is for those students who have 12 years of education not for bachelor students. PGD is for Bachelor students. The eligibility criteria to get admission in 1 year Advanced Business Management is 4 years bachelors or Masters (Equal to 18 years education).

I did 2 years bachelor and 2 years masters from Pakistan. Both degrees combines to form 4 years bachelor at the international level. My current education is not equal to Masters at the international level.
Well in Ontario Advanced Diploma means a 3 year undergraduate program higher than a diploma and lower than Bachelor's so I see a lot of potential for confusion that may work against you in the case of the VO

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

The thing with any level of study outside of Bachelor/Master/PhD is that they are not regulated strongly by the government meaning that schools can come up with mickey mouse names and curriculums and sell it off as a legitimate program. That's why you see hundreds of different names like Post-Graduate Diplma/Post Bachelorate Certificate/Advanced Diploma/Masters Certificate, etc etc. Government only gives a sh*t about the authenticity of the program when its a Bachelors/Masters/PhD

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would avoid university Canada West. It is a very small private school located in an office building and will not be recognized by most employers. Not sure how useful the University of Winnipeg degree will be either but it is at least a public university.