+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which program am I eligible for?

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Yes you need to ask to remove any doubts...
But normally, if you have an UCI with just numbers (without the letters "CAN"), it should mean you applied.
Yeah, you are probably right. I do have CAN in front of the numbers but I will ask anyway. Thank you! I really appreciate.

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

So I have created my profile on CIC and submitted it. Currently I have 417 points and it says I am eligible for CEC and FSW programs. My work experience is not 1 year yet as it is gonna be after January 2. Will I get more points after that date or should I do something about my points to increase them? I don't think I can write a better exam but if that is the only thing I could do, I guess I can try. What do you think please?

Zane

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

So I have created my profile on CIC and submitted it. Currently I have 417 points and it says I am eligible for CEC and FSW programs. My work experience is not 1 year yet as it is gonna be after January 2. Will I get more points after that date or should I do something about my points to increase them? I don't think I can write a better exam but if that is the only thing I could do, I guess I can try. What do you think please?

Zane
If it's less than a 1 year, then normally you are not eligible now, but will be in January and will get the minimum points for work experience.
To get more eligibility points for work experience, you'll have to reach the 2-year mark. And to get more CRS eligibility points for work experience, you'll have to reach the 3-year mark.

I'd say give your language test another try and aim high! There are some precious extra CRS points due to language proficiency which could seriously boost your score. Check my signature. Many dedicated applicants keep trying and trying until they get a high score, and eventually get an ITA. But don't get too long though, because you'll lose 5 CRS points at every birthday starting 30 years old
If you really can't do any better, explore all PNP routes. There are so many to choose from.
Cheers.

Reactions: zane2018

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hi Peacekeeper87,

Thank you so much for the post. I will wait and see how many points I will get after Jan 2. Hope it is enough for ITA. I don’t want to

If it's less than a 1 year, then normally you are not eligible now, but will be in January and will get the minimum points for work experience.
To get more eligibility points for work experience, you'll have to reach the 2-year mark. And to get more CRS eligibility points for work experience, you'll have to reach the 3-year mark.

I'd say give your language test another try and aim high! There are some precious extra CRS points due to language proficiency which could seriously boost your score. Check my signature. Many dedicated applicants keep trying and trying until they get a high score, and eventually get an ITA. But don't get too long though, because you'll lose 5 CRS points at every birthday starting 30 years old
If you really can't do any better, explore all PNP routes. There are so many to choose from.
Cheers.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Peacekeeper87,

Thank you so much for the post. I will wait and see how many points I will get after Jan 2. Hope it is enough for ITA. I don’t want to
Well you can use the CRS calculator now to how many points you have, No need to wait till January...

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hi Peacekeeper87,

I checked my score from crs calculator and it calculates 426 but I only have 417 on my profile. I checked over and over again if I am doing something wrong but nothing. Should withdraw my profile and submit it again?
I know it is still not enough but it is strange.
My only option looks like I need 9 and above for each ability on CELPIP. Then I hit 452 according to calculator.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Zane

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Peacekeeper87,

I checked my score from crs calculator and it calculates 426 but I only have 417 on my profile. I checked over and over again if I am doing something wrong but nothing. Should withdraw my profile and submit it again?
I know it is still not enough but it is strange.
My only option looks like I need 9 and above for each ability on CELPIP. Then I hit 452 according to calculator.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Zane
There must be something you missed. But anyway if there is a discrepancy, it's the score that's on your profile that prevails.

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Thank you very much. I think aiming 9 and above is the fastest and most guaranteed way to increase score.
Thanks again.
Zane

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
I got 11/11/8/7 from celpip last month but apparently it is not enough to get extra 50 points with CLB9+ levels. I guess I just have to push my limits a little further in speaking and writing.

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Hope it was a good holiday season for you and Happy Holidays!

I have two questions if you don't mind :)

In the application there is a section asking if I have a valid job offer or not. I think I do but I want to make sure since it is a little confusing for me. I am working in a bank more than a year now with open work permit. Does that mean I have a valid job offer? Or are they asking me if I have a valid job offer based on LMIA which I do not posses?

Another question would be that if I need to submit a new application if I withdraw current one. Will I be able to change and submit the same application after withdrawal?

Zane

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,
Hope it was a good holiday season for you and Happy Holidays!

I have two questions if you don't mind :)

In the application there is a section asking if I have a valid job offer or not. I think I do but I want to make sure since it is a little confusing for me. I am working in a bank more than a year now with open work permit. Does that mean I have a valid job offer? Or are they asking me if I have a valid job offer based on LMIA which I do not posses?

Another question would be that if I need to submit a new application if I withdraw current one. Will I be able to change and submit the same application after withdrawal?

Zane
They're asking for a LMIA approved job offer.
Yes you can change and submit the same application. After all, why would you change anything ;)

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been studying English for the last 6 months and finally got better results to improve my score, CLB lvl 9, and it is now 455. I have started to prepare documents as I expect to be invited until the end of this year. Hopefully :)

My question is that; can I include my last job and my current job (Canada) in my profile? Does that raise any flags because of the gap between graduation and last job? I really don't want to contact my old employers to seek documentation.

Best to all of you!
Zane