+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which program am I eligible for?

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am a little confused. Is there a way to specifically apply for skilled worker program or will we apply for express entry in general? I was wondering if you can quickly tell me which program I should apply based on below information.

I have a valid open work permit till 2021 and am currently working in Canada, in IT (Skill A type) for 11 months
My spouse has a study permit and she is studying to become a therapist
I've got enough score from CELPIP and am 35 years old.

Also, I followed a wizard on IRCC site and it seems I am eligible but not sure for what. Anyway, I guess I need more direction here and more reading.

Thank you so much in advance.
Zane

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must apply through Express Entry if you wish to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker program. Once you have a year of full time work experience in Canada, you will also qualify for Canadian Experience Class (once again, this is through Express Entry).

To be selected out of the Express Entry pool, you must have 440+ points. Express Entry is a points-based system and those with the most points in the pool are selected.

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Thank very much scylla. I will get my documents and apply for it then.
Will keep you posted as much as I can about my experience.
Thank you again.

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Hi you all!
I have another question. Do I need to include details of our previous application which was expired this year in July in the new express entry application? My wife was the principal applicant and we are not using the same GCKey account. Any suggestions please?
Zane

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
I should also say that previous application was completed by an agent. Should I ask her to give up the account and give us the details? Thank you

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I am a little confused. Is there a way to specifically apply for skilled worker program or will we apply for express entry in general? I was wondering if you can quickly tell me which program I should apply based on below information.

I have a valid open work permit till 2021 and am currently working in Canada, in IT (Skill A type) for 11 months
My spouse has a study permit and she is studying to become a therapist
I've got enough score from CELPIP and am 35 years old.

Also, I followed a wizard on IRCC site and it seems I am eligible but not sure for what. Anyway, I guess I need more direction here and more reading.

Thank you so much in advance.
Zane
You cannot choose which program you'll be invited to apply for (unless you change your application information in order to force the system).
If you are eligible to more than one program, the system will send you an invitation based on the following order:
-CEC
-FSW
-FST

All of them are applied to through Express Entry.

If you entered Canadian work experience into the wizard, it likely meant you were eligible for CEC.
If foreign work experience, FSW.
It doesn't say specifically, but you can kind of guess.

Because you've been working in Canada for the last 11 months, you'll qualify for CEC next month, and that's the program for which you'll receive an invitation.

Reactions: zane2018

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi you all!
I have another question. Do I need to include details of our previous application which was expired this year in July in the new express entry application? My wife was the principal applicant and we are not using the same GCKey account. Any suggestions please?
Zane
If you actually submitted Application for Permenent Residency (eAPR) before and it didn't go through for whatever reason, then yes, you need to mention it when asked "Have ever applied for PR before", even if different GCKey. You'll be asked for UCI and I think Application Number as well.

You will indeed need those from your agent if you don't have them. But first check all correspondence you may have received from CIC, it's probably written on them.

Note: If you just submitted an Express Entry profile, that doesn't mean you actually applied for Permanent Residency before, even if you have received ITA. In this case, you'll answer "No" to the question.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
You cannot choose which program you'll be invited to apply for (unless you change your application information in order to force the system).
If you are eligible to more than one program, the system will send you an invitation based on the following order:
-CEC
-FSW
-FST

All of them are applied to through Express Entry.

If you entered Canadian work experience into the wizard, it likely meant you were eligible for CEC.
If foreign work experience, FSW.
It doesn't say specifically, but you can kind of guess.

Because you've been working in Canada for the last 11 months, you'll qualify for CEC next month, and that's the program for which you'll receive an invitation.
If I am not mistaken unless you force the system, the person will be under FSW if they are eligible for both. People say CEC is faster, but who knows.

I made funds available to $0 to force it. There was another thing, but I forgot, but the funding should be enough.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
If I am not mistaken unless you force the system, the person will be under FSW if they are eligible for both. People say CEC is faster, but who knows.

I made funds available to $0 to force it. There was another thing, but I forgot, but the funding should be enough.
If eligible to more than one, CEC comes first.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

If an applicant doesn't want CEC for whatever reason, include/remove a detail than renders applicant ineligible for CEC, like only mentioning foreign work experience in Work XP section.

In your case, you didn't need to put 0$ in funds to make ineligible for FSW, as it would have automatically given you an invitation for CEC.

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Thank you so much Peacekeeper87 and baxa1981. I have found my document for EE profile sent by my agent. It shows the profile number as well as UCI. Also there is a score. So, I am guessing it was submitted, right?

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
If eligible to more than one, CEC comes first.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1294&top=29

If an applicant doesn't want CEC for whatever reason, include/remove a detail than renders applicant ineligible for CEC, like only mentioning foreign work experience in Work XP section.

In your case, you didn't need to put 0$ in funds to make ineligible for FSW, as it would have automatically given you an invitation for CEC.
I know that, but there are lots of threads in this forum, where people got invitation under FSW being eligible for both. I just didn't want to take that chance.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you so much Peacekeeper87 and baxa1981. I have found my document for EE profile sent by my agent. It shows the profile number as well as UCI. Also there is a score. So, I am guessing it was submitted, right?
Not necessarily. If there is a score on it, it's likely just an ITA.
Now you need to make sure if you did or did not submit the application. It shouldn't be complicated... Have you given your agent any document?

zane2018

Nov 22, 2018
Yes, I have provided lots of documents like passports, IELTS scores, transcripts for WES evaluations etc. Maybe it is easier if I just ask her. What do you think?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes, I have provided lots of documents like passports, IELTS scores, transcripts for WES evaluations etc. Maybe it is easier if I just ask her. What do you think?
Yes you need to ask to remove any doubts...
But normally, if you have an UCI with just numbers (without the letters "CAN"), it should mean you applied.