+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which organization is best for ECA?

Manikandan4335

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hai friends,

Kindly clarify my doubts on selecting an organization to complete my ECA. Which will be the best to apply for?

Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies,
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada,
World Education Services,
International Qualifications Assessment Service, and
International Credential Evaluation Service.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
I did mine with WES, I found them to be quite efficient (fast). They took less than 20 days... There are some that can take up to 10 weeks. WES also has a free equivalence tool, so you can check what you're going to get before you apply.

Manikandan4335

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Thank you! Could u explain what are the documents should be placed in envelope before sending. The Acadamic Annual mark statement will be provided by the University after submitting the semester marksheets and degree certificates. So what are the documents to be sent to WES along with Annual mark statement. Please explain me in detail so that it will be useful for me to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Right, this is the tricky part as it varies by country...

Here is what I needed to do (got my Degree from the UK):
- Initiate a ECA process on the WES website (be sure to go to the Canadian website), here I paid around $200 for the review/equivalency process and $30 for taxes and postage;
- Then I needed to send a copy of my degree;
- Contact my university and get them to send them my official transcripts in a sealed envelope (which cost me 30 pounds)

The whole thing took around 5-6 weeks (as my university took around 3 weeks to send my transcripts).

Now, from what I know they require that the transcripts (mark sheets) be sent to them from the university in a sealed envelope (so YOU can not do this yourself). By sealed they mean glue shut by the university official, stamped and signed by the same official (get the official to write WES's address on the envelope and make sure it's and oficial envelope with your institution's seal on).

If it's not in english, then you must do all the above AND ask for another exact copy of the transcript, which you then get translated by a certified translator and send that along as well. I had to do this for my wife's degree, which is from a Brazilian university.

In any event, when you select your country and institution (on the WES website) the instructions should be fairly clear.

Hope this helps!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Manikandan4335 said:
Thank you! Could u explain what are the documents should be placed in envelope before sending. The Acadamic Annual mark statement will be provided by the University after submitting the semester marksheets and degree certificates. So what are the documents to be sent to WES along with Annual mark statement. Please explain me in detail so that it will be useful for me to proceed.

Thanks in advance!
It varies across institutions and countries. What does the checklist in your email with the subject WES - Application Received (Automatic E-mail, Please do not reply) - Reference # (XXXXXXX) say?

May 15, 2019
I'm not very impressed with WES. After going to my institutions, getting official transcripts, and sending them off to North America, I was told:
"Your documents are of poor quality and cannot be read."

So I wrote to WES saying, "My document is reported to be of poor quality. How can it be that 3 documents from 2 universities are all of poor quality and illegible?"

They replied with "Your documents are of poor quality and cannot be read." :-/

Thanks for nothing WES.

My wife had a similar experience. They didn't answer her question either. Just responded with a pointless reply containing generic information already available on the website.