+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is the best option for PR for us: Working in Montreal for 6 Months

meghnaram

Oct 24, 2016
Hello Friends,

I'm working in Montreal for last 6 months and still have my valid ICT work permit for next 1.5 years. My wife has finished her MBA from Boston,MA and moved with me two months ago and still searching for a Job. Our 3 years old daughter also with us in Montreal.

My parent company is from Toronto (IT Consultant Company) who sponsored my ICT VISA but my client location is in Montreal and that's why I reside in Montreal and working from my client office,

I would like get the suggestion from you all, what are the best options for us to get the PR?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards,
Ram

weekday

Jul 25, 2016
meghnaram said:
Hello Friends,

I'm working in Montreal for last 6 months and still have my valid ICT work permit for next 1.5 years. My wife has finished her MBA from Boston,MA and moved with me two months ago and still searching for a Job. Our 3 years old daughter also with us in Montreal.

My parent company is from Toronto (IT Consultant Company) who sponsored my ICT VISA but my client location is in Montreal and that's why I reside in Montreal and working from my client office,

I would like get the suggestion from you all, what are the best options for us to get the PR?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards,
Ram

where is your paycheck generating ? in montreal or toronto

meghnaram

Oct 24, 2016
I think it is in Quebec because I can see in my salary certificate they deduct QPIP (Quebec Parental Insurance Plan) from my monthly salary.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have 3 options, based on the info you have given:

QSW or PEQ (if your intention is to stay in Montreal*), or Express Entry (if your intention is to live/work elsewhere in Canada).

*If you acquire PR via QC, you are allowed to move elsewhere in Canada once you are landed.

meghnaram

Oct 24, 2016
Thank You Lammawitch for your informations.
Am I eligible to apply now itself or do I need to wait for another 6 months?

weekday

Jul 25, 2016
meghnaram said:
I think it is in Quebec because I can see in my salary certificate they deduct QPIP (Quebec Parental Insurance Plan) from my monthly salary.
i think you need to wait another 6 months for both QSW & Express entry.

1. calculate your points for express and check it with recent draws http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp, if the points are enough ask your company to run pay check in toronto / any other express entry eligible province, then you can apply it after 6 months.

before that make sure you have all your documents required from schools/ university, IELTS (for you & your spouse). please check express entry thread for more details

2. or else run the pay check same as now in quebec and apply for QSW after 6 months.. usual time for both(QSW & Federal) in most of cases is around 20-22 months.

so calculate and decide yourself after comparing both pros & cons..

cheers !! ATB

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meghnaram said:
Thank You Lammawitch for your informations.
Am I eligible to apply now itself or do I need to wait for another 6 months?

Peq requirements:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/conditions-steps.html

QSW requirements:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/index.html

Regarding the pay check: it doesn't matter where it's issued, QPIP is deducted because you are resident in QC & working for your employer there. This would be different if you were on a temporary secondment (from Toronto, for example) to a QC office.