+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which is safest way to send Passport to the Canadian Consulate in NY from India?

smiley111

Oct 14, 2009
umm yes you have a good point with incoming PP to India, I need to find out few stuff before i proceed

will update u guys as soon as i am sure abt anything

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: which is safest way to send Passport to the Canadian Consulate in NY from In

smiley111 said:
@ BELIZE

'Easy way get duabi visa go duabi and send it from there and wait until you get it back. it will work'

WHAT IS DUABI ?
some country???
If yes, then is it legal to send PP from duabi??
explain me briefly please :)

ThanQ
Dubai is a city in UAE.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
This is such a common issue wonder why can't CIC find a way out for the applicants who are not in their country of application when passport is requested for stamping. May be because the onus of submitting the passport is with the applicants and they simply wash their hands-off the issue. Although you can get medicals done from any DMP the stamping has to be done by the visa office where the application was filed.

I have been following this issue for some time and I am still confused. I happened to visit an Indian mission in the west and on the notice board was a circular from the ministry of external affairs which warned of stern action including confestication of passport and imprisonment if passport is sent via a courier/post out of their country of residence as it amounts to getting a visa in-absentia. It did not say any thing about sending passport through an authorised person. But in that case too it logically amounts to getting visa in-absentia.

So how to send the passport for stamping? If you have to apply for a visitor visa you may or may not get it? Even if one manages to get a visa and go for stamping it will be while before the passports are returned with the visa. In the process one may end up losing the present job in the country of residence.

For sure the courier company will ask for letter of authorisation by your regional passport office which offcourse you will never get. please keep in mind that you have to declare what is enclosed in the courier package. Now a days you can not even seal the courier package as this is done by the courier people themselves after physical verification of the contents of the package. Even if you manage to send it through courier how will you get it back?

Many in similar situations have either gone themselves carrying the passport of their family members (using the use of representative form on cic website and some going in for a notarised document) with authorisation letter or sent through a friend with authorisation letter.

Well all the best to you hope all works out well. Please keep us updated on the issue.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
singh123 said:
This is such a common issue wonder why can't CIC find a way out for the applicants who are not in their country of application when passport is requested for stamping. May be because the onus of submitting the passport is with the applicants and they simply wash their hands-off the issue. Although you can get medicals done from any DMP the stamping has to be done by the visa office where the application was filed.
This is not a issue for people from most countries. Because most people can send their passport to CIC in another country and get it back. Instead of CIC finding way out of the applicants who are not in their country, perhaps everyone should petition the Indian government to allow for courier of passports. Indian government simply wash their hands-off the issue. Although you can send your passport with someone, even a stranger, one cannot send it my courier, which is probably safer.

smiley111

Oct 14, 2009
Friends,

FedEx told me "NO"
None of the courier service are ready, only option i could see is USA visa

Here you go with the information one of my friend found out on some website too :

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

If the Visa Office where your application is in process has requested you to submit your passport for visa issuance, you must submit your passport to the same Visa Office. No other Visa Office can issue the visa, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

We understand that, if you are currently in India and your application is process elsewhere, you will encounter difficulty trying to send your passport out of India. Since Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier, you are advised to personally travel to the country where the Visa Office is situated in order to submit your passport, or to request a trusted person to carry your passport to that country on your behalf. Before choosing the latter option, however, it is essential to check with the Visa Office to find out whether they will accept passports submitted by a representative. If yes, you must provide authorization in writing to your representative to submit your passport on your behalf. You can complete and print the “Use of a Representative” form at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp. Please note that you may also be required to provide a mailing address in that country to which your passport can be returned after the visa is issued. We recommend that you check the Visa Office's website for complete information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng....
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, and file number in your message

the above message is from this website:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/provincial-nominees/364922029/mailing-passport-across-country-borders-for-pr-stamp

I will go through everything, once I'll know anything i would share with you guys too :)

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
This may sound like a wild thought......
Can you go to a 3rd country, say like Mexico on tourist visa & then send your passport to NY from there. You'll have to check the details though.

This may seem too much work, but when the Canadian PR is at stake.....well.

smiley111

Oct 14, 2009
I guess I m back to SQUARE ONE
USA/Canadian consulate both rejected my tourist visa.

I don't know whats next??? though Canadian consulate extended my deadline for another 60 days

Few friends of mine feels like, If I know someone traveling to Canada/USA & they could bring my PP with a letter from me (Authorized Letter) would be best option, But i am not too keen as i don't want to go against the law, so If anyone knows any legal way, your welcome with Ur suggestions :)

Waiting for positive reply at the earliest
ThanQ

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello smiley111, I have been following your case as I might face similar situation in near future. Can you please enlighten us how you managed to get your deadline for passport submission extended, when did you apply for extention, what plea did you give, how long did they take to send you the reply.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smiley111 said:
I guess I m back to SQUARE ONE
USA/Canadian consulate both rejected my tourist visa.

I don't know whats next??? though Canadian consulate extended my deadline for another 60 days

Few friends of mine feels like, If I know someone traveling to Canada/USA & they could bring my PP with a letter from me (Authorized Letter) would be best option, But i am not too keen as i don't want to go against the law, so If anyone knows any legal way, your welcome with Ur suggestions :)

Waiting for positive reply at the earliest
ThanQ
Smiley111, you said you managed to extend your deadline by 60 days. Can you please tell us what procedure you adopted.

smiley111

Oct 14, 2009
@ sasif

My lawyer in Canada requested Canadian embassy in NY,
Since my case is special & they understand that i am in India they granted me with 60 more days, Just one simple letter explain Ur situation & try to be honest, correct, complete and no hiding, no confusing info.

If you need draft letter do let me know

TC

hach

Nov 26, 2009
hi
i have read all ur message with interest , ur situation is so sensible and need a good descion far from high risk , i think u should check with the nerest cauntry to india if they alow to send a PP by post ... , then tray to send it to ur lawyer in canada or send it for ur relatives in usa of corse if u have a relatives there ....
so good luck
i hope i have give a solution for ur probleme

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smiley111 said:
@ sasif

My lawyer in Canada requested Canadian embassy in NY,
Since my case is special & they understand that i am in India they granted me with 60 more days, Just one simple letter explain Ur situation & try to be honest, correct, complete and no hiding, no confusing info.

If you need draft letter do let me know

TC
Dear smiley111 that would be really nice. Thank you so much.

smiley111

Oct 14, 2009
Hello friends...

Finally i got through, I re-applied for Canadian tourist visa & they granted me, leaving soon for Canada

ThanQ all for ur support and suggestions :)