+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which forms to HRSDC for AEO

Jimboger1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
hi
i have been offered employment now in canada, and need to know what to my potential employer needs to send to HRSDC
are there specific forms to be completed and do they all go to a specific address
obviously my potential employer will need to send a copy of the job offer
what else?
what type of covering letter etc?
thanks
jimboger1

A

ASMB

Below is the link for AEO application forms.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eforms/forms/sc-emp5275(2011-06-009)e.pdf
all requirements are clearly mentioned there, if you still have any doubts feel free to ask.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jimboger1 said:
hi
i have been offered employment now in canada, and need to know what to my potential employer needs to send to HRSDC
are there specific forms to be completed and do they all go to a specific address
obviously my potential employer will need to send a copy of the job offer
what else?
what type of covering letter etc?
thanks
jimboger1
Hi Jim,

First of all....congratulations for getting a job offer ....its a rare candy to get these days... ;D

I am a little confused here....please correct me if I am wrong :)

If ihe offer is for an AEO based job, then your employer has to do the major paperwork as suggested in the website link provided by ASMB. You can begin working for this employer only AFTER the AEO application has been approved by HRSDC and after YOU LAND.

So, I think you just had a preliminary Interview with your prospective employer and he has agreed for an AEO based job for you...am I correct?

OR,

Your job is LMO (Labor market opinion) based and if your employer is seeking assistance to initiate an LMO application for you? If your LMO is assessed positively by HRSDC, then you will have to apply for Work permit and can begin your job. Be advised that, these days LMOs are very difficult to get and is taking a minimum of 3-6 months to get approved ( timelines differ with Provinces).

If you need any other help from the forum, please do let us know.

Mitali

Scanner

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
in the checklist is mentioned that job offer arrangement should be signed by the employer as well the employee. In my case i didnt signed any offer just receive the offer letter. and the AEO was submitted by the lawyer for the approval to HRSDC. is it ok?

Jimboger1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hi Mitali
i understand that he AEO needs to be approved, then i need to apply for my PR, and only if i am accepted i will then move to Canada and begin work
the job "offer" is through my brothers employer (my brother emigrated 5 years ago), but as my brothers employer has "agreed" to go through the process, then i would like to assist where i can with the paperwork etc
hope this helps
jim

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jimboger1 said:
Hi Mitali
i understand that he AEO needs to be approved, then i need to apply for my PR, and only if i am accepted i will then move to Canada and begin work
the job "offer" is through my brothers employer (my brother emigrated 5 years ago), but as my brothers employer has "agreed" to go through the process, then i would like to assist where i can with the paperwork etc
hope this helps
jim
Ok ...good...so this is going to be an AEO based employment ...thanks for the clarification. Follow the link as provided by ASMB.

Mitali

Jimboger1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
couple of final questions
as my brothers employer is "helping me out" -
am i right in saying that if all goes well that i do not need to work in this job
also,
once i land does HRSDC do any checks that i am working for him
also
the form asks in point 49.
Have you attempted to recruit Canadian citizens/permanent residents for this job?
No. If no, please explain:
Yes. If yes, please provide details of your recruitment efforts and the results.
the answer to this will probably be NO, but is this an issue?
i thought for this process that you did not need to prove that the job had been advertised etc?

thanks again for the help

jim

A

ASMB

as my brothers employer is "helping me out" -
am i right in saying that if all goes well that i do not need to work in this job
For and during the application process it should always be maintained that you are going to work for this employer. Even when you land you must go to the province where your job is offered. Get your PR and then move whereever you wish. But this should not be mentioned anytime.
also,
once i land does HRSDC do any checks that i am working for him
So far I haven't come accross such instance, however, going by the number of fake AEO's around it is likely that they may introduce some measures in the future
also
the form asks in point 49.
Have you attempted to recruit Canadian citizens/permanent residents for this job?
No. If no, please explain:
Yes. If yes, please provide details of your recruitment efforts and the results.
the answer to this will probably be NO, but is this an issue?
i thought for this process that you did not need to prove that the job had been advertised etc?
I think this form has changed recently, when i had applied over a year ago it wasn't in such detail. However, my employer did not want to go through all the hassles of the application process so I had to hire a consultant based in Canada and she did all the papaerwork. Since my offer is a genuine one it was very straightforward for us and we had mentioned the entire recruitment process how it happened. Wait for senior members to respond to this query

shanindia2007

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASMB
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM MY EMPLOYER IS READY FOR AEO APPLICATION , BUT HE TOLD ME THAT AEO APPLICATION FORM HAS BEEN CHANGED AND HAS QUESTION LIKE :

49. Have you attempted to recruit Canadian citizens/permanent residents for this job?

SO HE IS CONFUSED THAT IT IS NOT LMO , THAN WHY HE REQUIRE TO DEMONSTRATE SUCH QUESTIONS..

so if no, what we have to explain

A

ASMB

shanindia2007 said:
ASMB
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM MY EMPLOYER IS READY FOR AEO APPLICATION , BUT HE TOLD ME THAT AEO APPLICATION FORM HAS BEEN CHANGED AND HAS QUESTION LIKE :

49. Have you attempted to recruit Canadian citizens/permanent residents for this job?

SO HE IS CONFUSED THAT IT IS NOT LMO , THAN WHY HE REQUIRE TO DEMONSTRATE SUCH QUESTIONS..

so if no, what we have to explain
Sorry Shanindia, I have no idea. As I mentioned before it was handled by a consultant who did all the work.

shanindia2007

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i also required consultant , can you give me details of her?