+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHICH CITY TO LAND ? -for New Immigrants

tellram

Aug 11, 2010
Hello
Is India CA recognized in Canada? Are there any understanding between the two accounting institutions?
Thank you.
abelkwh said:
Getting a qualification in accounting in a college is the first step towards getting a job in accounting. After getting his or her bachelors, he will need to be certified in either CA, CGA or CMA depending on what path of accounting he is interested in getting into. So that will help for sure but its only the beginning.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shubash said:
Qorax,

I have been told that Vancouver is the best for hotelier to get a job ..Please help ??

Shubash
Yes, it is. But till the time u get that job u might become penniless. Nonetheless, if u have any other sort of support there be free to go. And if the heart suggests Vancouver only, Vancouver it must be for u.

Qorax

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
tellram said:
Hello
Is India CA recognized in Canada? Are there any understanding between the two accounting institutions?
Thank you.
None, yr Indian CA is useless in Canada and its not recognised. U will need to re-take CA, CMA or CGA. Dont bang and hope that yr indian CA is of use in canada. Yr qualification means nothing in canada.

june14

Aug 2, 2010
hi, qorax

your thoughts, between toronto & calgary for a newcomer which is better?
your in puts is highly appreciated. thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
june14 said:
hi, qorax

your thoughts, between toronto & calgary for a newcomer which is better?
your in puts is highly appreciated. thanks
Somewhere in the General Forum I had put-in a thread on that, 'coz I had a similar dichotomy earlier. Read that thread... There r some solid info floated by some serious thinkers.

Qorax

smilepmendoza

Jun 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-March-2010
Doc's Request.
June 11, 2010
AOR Received.
September 23, 2010
File Transfer...
September 16, 2010
Med's Request
August 26, 2011
Med's Done....
October 10, 2011
Passport Req..
April 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time, hopefully SOON!
LANDED..........
In God's time
qorax said:
Yes, it is. But till the time u get that job u might become penniless. Nonetheless, if u have any other sort of support there be free to go. And if the heart suggests Vancouver only, Vancouver it must be for u.

Qorax
Hi Qorax!

Is Toronto good for hoteliers? My husband is a hotelier and he is the Principal Applicant. I am a lawyer and since my profession is still not recognized until perhaps, I get my credentials reviewed and probably take some classes, I will not be able to practice my profession. Nevertheless, I would want to at least get a survival job that is very near the legal profession, perhaps a researcher or something. Since Toronto is a big place, I am thinking that I might have more opportunities there. What do you think?

Thanks thanks. By the way, our original plan is Vancouver but I am leaning on Toronto now. ;D

shubash

May 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th Nov'2009
Doc's Request.
6th Feb,2010
AOR Received.
10th December
File Transfer...
Feb'2010
Med's Request
28th June,2010
Med's Done....
27th July,2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
27th July,2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not decided
Hi Friends,

However where I enquired they said that Hoteliers have more prospect in vancouver ..I don't know..Still in findings ...

Thanks

Shubash

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Dear qorax,

Can i appear in Driving Test (Knowledge) on the basis of my Landing Papers, Passport & SIN OR i have to wait for my PR Card?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
smilepmendoza said:
Hi Qorax!

Is Toronto good for hoteliers? My husband is a hotelier and he is the Principal Applicant. I am a lawyer and since my profession is still not recognized until perhaps, I get my credentials reviewed and probably take some classes, I will not be able to practice my profession. Nevertheless, I would want to at least get a survival job that is very near the legal profession, perhaps a researcher or something. Since Toronto is a big place, I am thinking that I might have more opportunities there. What do you think?

Thanks thanks. By the way, our original plan is Vancouver but I am leaning on Toronto now. ;D
shubash said:
Hi Friends,

However where I enquired they said that Hoteliers have more prospect in vancouver ..I don't know..Still in findings ...

Thanks

Shubash
Dear Ma'am,

Definitely Vancouver is a better place for hospitality jobs, 'coz that city is driven by the tourism industry. However, Toronto is no bad either, 'coz it's a huge cosmo & an equal nos. of hotel (& related business) r here as well.

Said that, one should note that most likely our 1st job (or few more) r not going to come in our core line of occupation. We may have to adjust with starter jobs initially... And these jobs r aplenty in larger cities like Toronto (definitely more than Vancouver).

Secondly, Vancouver, besides being one of the most beautiful cities of Canada, is also a damn costly place. The living costs r just over the top. Two other cities that come to my mind -being closer to the said price parlance -r Tokyo & London. And all the 3 r not welcoming for newcomers, unless u have a readymade job, or a bagful of $$$, or a friend/relative to fall back on.

I hope u get my point.

All the very best!
Qorax

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Dear qorax,

Can i appear in Driving Test (Knowledge) on the basis of my COPR, Passport & SIN OR i have to wait for my PR Card?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aamer43 said:
Dear qorax,

Can i appear in Driving Test (Knowledge) on the basis of my COPR, Passport & SIN OR i have to wait for my PR Card?
The COPR is fine.

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I recently got my PR and planning to move to Canada soon...Could you help me following questions:

1. How difficult it is to find a job for QA Manager in Toronto.

2. What are the other cities in Canada do you recommend for IT jobs.

3. Is it advisable to search for the job first and then come to Canada or is it okay to come there and search for it?

4. Is it advisable to come with the kids ?

Thanks for your help in advance !

sandhujatt

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
26 jan 2010
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
documents recieved by ND Office 23 March
IELTS Request
submitted initialy
File Transfer...
3 feb
Med's Request
21 may
Med's Done....
03 june again and again done and finally sent on 29th december
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21 may sent on 04 june again sent on 30th december 2010(recalled for making Son's Passport)
VISA ISSUED...
24 january 2011
LANDED..........
planning in april
i am a mechanical engineer working as lecturer in engineering college since last four years which city shall i land?i would like to be enrolled in some course related to my profession can anybody suggest something related to this.

My wife is Msc Chemistry and B.Ed what is the scope of her geting a teaching job in canada?
Please reply Seniors with your valuable suggestions

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Sandhujatt

If u had been a mechanical engineer and working as a lecturer and u would like to do the same in Canada then u will need to be certified as a Professional Engineer (P Eng) in Canada first to be considered as a qualified engineer and would have to be practising as an engineer in Canada for some period of time before u are considered as an engineer. Then in this case, u would need to be enrol in a college or a university to get some form of qualification or alternatively u would have to get a letter from the professional engineering board of yr home country and certify that u have been a professional engineer then when u land in canada, u would have to show the engineering board in canada and u may have to take some qualifying exams to be certified as a P Eng. U would need to enquire with the professional board of engineers in Canada or the province u want to practise.

Next, to be a engineering lecturer, u would need to do the above to be qualified as an engineer first then u can be considered qualified to teach in the engineering field. Then in this case, if u would like to enrol in some programs then u can try colleges or Polytechnics for Diploma programs or Universities for Degree programs. Search the net for the colleges / polytechnics or unis that u want to stay in that respective province.

As for your wife, she would need to have her degrees accreditated by the canadian boards in her field then after that, apply to colleges or schools or unis for the teaching positions that she wants. But bear in mind, her credentials may not be recognised in Canada and hence she may have to do the same as u.

pamazana

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-03-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
30-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APPROVED: 13-09-2010 / RECEIVED: 29-09-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-10 in toronto
hello qorax,Can you please have some opinion. i would like to ask where is the best place to settle if my husband is Mining Engineer and I am a Practical Nurse here in the Philippines. We are so confused. we have 2 children. We want to give them the best life we can give.My husband have a brother, uncle and auntie in toronto and I do have a first cousin in vancouver and edmonton. Thank you for your time.