Med's Request
4/12/2013
Med's Done....
10/12/2013
Passport Req..
4/12/2013
BG2010 said:
Dear Seniors,

Please suggest me which place would be best for me in terms of accommodation, job and for my child's education. Would it be Toronto or Edmonton? Conflict is going within me. I am planning to land late by November. I've four yrs old son. I and my wife both are working in the field of education. Also, I am being very worried about winter/cold in Canada. Please post your experience, which will be a great help for me.

Thank you in advance.
BG2010
First of all, congratulations for your decision made. Seeing that you have waited so long for your attempt, please help me with my querries.

arif.zaffar4

Oct 9, 2013
SunnyDXB said:
AkkDivz said:
Hi to All Most Respected,

Dear All Sir/Madam, I am a skilled Computer Graphic Designer Print Media & Doing Job here at Abu Dhabi, UAE, Recently for Two Months & for your all acknowledgement I am a Handicap (Disable person) Due to Polio Effected My Right Side Leg's Muscles Much More Weakness, But I have 14 years experience in Computer Graphic Designing Print Media, Now I have just a wish to Immigrate to Canada for saving future my little Daughter maximum 5 years old, I have no resources for immigration process I am running my family at low monthly salary here in Abu Dhabi, So dear I have a appeal to all you that kindly suggest me the right way to get the Computer Field or Graphic Designer Field Jobs for Handicaps in Canada directly or by any NGO which supports for sponsorship to skilled handicap,
Kindly here mentioned below my contact details I shall be thankful to you all to support me in this manner

Yours Well Wisher,

Arif Zaffar
Cell: 00971551524776
email: arif.zaffar4 @ hotmail.co.uk
arif.zaffar4 @ gmail.com

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
qorax said:
WHICH CITY TO LAND? -for FSW without AEO & friends/relatives

My opinion: TORONTO.
-It has a bigger job basket, for any occupation. Thus, the share is bigger -so the opportunities are larger.
-Weather wise, it is not that bad. Perfectly manageable even in winters or summers.
-Cost of living wise, quite Ok too -quite compititive vis-a-vis the other deciding factors.
-The higest minority populace. Ppl are extremely tolerant to race, color, creed, faith etc.
-Land there first, take a 'survival job', which'll be easier here & move to any city after getting the choice job.
-Important: It's not the profession of a newcomer, but the initial survival that'd be the decider for a city.

VANCOUVER:
Very aptly said by others before on this forum. It's the best city weather wise & has a charmed beauty. Quite nice minority populace, yes -Indians rock here. But, better avoided.
-No or minimal jobs today for any field. (note: the winter olympics thing is temp)
-The costliest city to settle down.
-Housing costs are sky rocketting.
-Not at all a good choice for a newcomer, w/out AOE or friends/relatives support.
-What's the point of all that beauty, if u do not have money in ur pocket?

CALGARY-EDMONTON CORRIDOR:
Very nicely coming-up. Weather is cold, but adjustable [Edmonton needs adaptation though]. Has the 'rockies' to enhance its beauty. A perfect alternative to Vancouver. But:
-Newcomers should take it as a 2nd choice to Toronto. Due to the factors I said under Toronto.
-Damn good for establishing a business. (no provincial tax)
-Essentially a befitting place for Oil & Gas sector, which also makes other jobs available in their HOs.
-But remember again: For newcomer jobs, take Toronto as POE.

There is nothing wrong in other Canadian cities. But this post is meant for newcomers, looking for instant jobs, not for business; and for those who do not have an AOE or freinds/relatives to initially assist. Else, any other city has its own merits/demerits.

Ps: I have visited all the above cities. But my views are based on limited info. The actual residents, who are on this forum, might have a better opinion.
Great work qorax!!

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ashif_eee said:
Great work qorax!!
ohh cant put u another +1 brother!!

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Hi,
I will be going to Canada Regina, Saskatchewan on MBA studies. I am an ACCA affiliate so I aim to study for CGA canada while doing MBA. And gain some canadian work experience. Working my way up the food chain.

I chose Saskatchewan because at that time they were offering free PR to Provincial grads if they had 10,000 CAD in their bank account. And because statistics showed that on average only two people applied for every job opening.

Give me some pep talk. Is it still good idea or should I go to edmonton corridor in the neighbourhood?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
rogue_shah,for more opportunities and higher chances you should go to regina.
please post your topic on the PNP section of this form not the FSW.

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
rogue_shah,for more opportunities and higher chances you should go to regina.
please post your topic on the PNP section of this form not the FSW.
I am sorry if it looked out of line, I posted here, because it was a thread about quality of life for immigrants in different cities and provinces. Yes, I am not an immigrant but I would love to be one soon.

Tahirr

Oct 3, 2013
Assalam o alaekum ,

I am planing to land in Calgary and I want to ask 3 questions and need detailed information about these from all members.

1.I have international driving license, will it be helpful for me to get driving license in Canada, and/or my existing driving license will be enough and work in Canada.

2. I don't have relative in Calgary. At airport whose address should be given for PR card as my relatives and friends are in Toronto and Saskatchewan. I know we can't give an address of a hotel/motel ,cause we are planning to stay in a hotel/motel for a week to get a rented house, then we will be able to provide address for PR Card.

3.If I run some sort of business from house like boutique , do i have to attain a license for this business, even if i run it on web/Facebook etc.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Tahirr said:
Assalam o alaekum ,

I am planing to land in Calgary and I want to ask 3 questions and need detailed information about these from all members.

1.I have international driving license, will it be helpful for me to get driving license in Canada, and/or my existing driving license will be enough and work in Canada. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t39566.0.html;topicseen

2. I don't have relative in Calgary. At airport whose address should be given for PR card as my relatives and friends are in Toronto and Saskatchewan. I know we can't give an address of a hotel/motel ,cause we are planning to stay in a hotel/motel for a week to get a rented house, then we will be able to provide address for PR Card. You will be given few days to send them your new Address. for me I will give them address of my friend in Edmonton and we agreed she will send it o me when it arrives

3.If I run some sort of business from house like boutique , do i have to attain a license for this business, even if i run it on web/Facebook etc. I know all income should be declared for tax purposes, but how it is done, i also have to see for myself. I have FB store also, I will inquire when I arrive Nov 30 about this kind of business, will keep you posted
regrads

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Can someone answer these queries ?

1) Is it ok to land in Toronto on sat or sunday? (since offices will be closed and will it affect our formalities on the first days?)

2) I heard that now a days we are getting SIN cards from Toronto airport itself. Is it correct?

kml2706

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011 , IP 10-08-11
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
2-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 20-08-12 Decision made 24-08-12 PPR2 17-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-12
LANDED..........
7th May,2013
yezdi_in said:
Can someone answer these queries ?

1) Is it ok to land in Toronto on sat or sunday? (since offices will be closed and will it affect our formalities on the first days?)

2) I heard that now a days we are getting SIN cards from Toronto airport itself. Is it correct?
Doesnt matter..u can land any day and that can b fine..All u need is yur sin number which u can get thru the airport itself if yur flight arrives at daytime. If not take that on monday..y so hurry? rest yurself
TD bank is nowadays opens on sunday also..

WS

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.