+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHICH CITY TO LAND ? -for New Immigrants

maynardjohn

Apr 8, 2013
Hi everyone,

Im planning of going there in Canada... but im thinking if the field which i am into currently is available and is possible to apply there... im in Freight Forwarding/Shipping/Logistics field by the way... thank u for your advices.

amit80203

Champion Member
Apr 9, 2013
App. Filed.......
18th Oct 2017
AOR Received.
7th Dec 2017
Hi,

I am a Mechanical Engineer working as Piping Engineer in the field of petrochemical/EPC industry. It would be really helpful if someone could tell me about job scenario in Calgary or Edmonton City in this field.

Thanks
Amit Bansal

coralms

Apr 16, 2013
Hi everyone,

I work in investment banking field in Dubai, updating portfolios, clients accounts, trades...I would like to know which city in better for me to settle, Toronto, Vancouver, or else where? I also need to add I have my sister in Vancouver.

Appreciate your help/comments.

Thank you.

68 Points

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 , 2011
IELTS Request
Along with Initial Package
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
20 Nov , 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Along with Medical
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 09, 2013
LANDED..........
Landed 12 June , 2013
pinoy na bitoy said:
any information about the job opportunity in Calgary for SOCIAL WORKER and COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICE WORKER? We are landing in Calgary in few months time.
Is the survival jobs are easily available for new immigrants in Calgary?

Thank you very much.
Hey Good Noon !

This is an applicant from social worker category and planning to land soon but wandering for appropriate information where actually to land for jobs and settlement. As I know from others postings, jobs from own profession is very tough. Still my concern is survival jobs in initial days , where is easy to get.

Thank You !

Regards

68 Points

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
WAIVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello Seniors and Who have land in Canada,

--- In blog I have read that calgary is very very good for job and new comers but comaparitively to Toronto in calgary weather is more cool, so can u suggest me where to land?

--- For us everything will be same coz. There we don’t have any friend nor relative. So our aim is to land where we can get easily job, House to live and can adjust in weather.

--- If we want to land in calgary on which Airport we should land? Same question about landing to Toronto also.

--- Where to go after landing? In Hotel or Guest house? What will be normal rent? If u have any name in mind nearly to Calgary or Toronto pls suggest.

--- What about medical? Coz. after landing if anyone could not feel well then I think there doctors will be quite expensive.

Waiting reply from u

Thanks again

respectall

Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 09, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009/ Submitted Apr 09, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 2010
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013
Dear seniors and members

I am planning to land next month (June 2013). Please guide me on below points:

In my CORP (landing paper against federal skilled immigration) Calgary –Alberta is written. Do I have to land specifically to Calgary or I can land any other Canadian airport?

Is it possible that from my home country I first land to Toronto than take Calgary flight and complete all my immigration procedure at Calgary airport?

Waiting for your guidance.
Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can land at any airport in Canada although if you land in Quebec, you should show proof that you are travelling out of Quebec after landing. If you land in Toronto, that will be fine.

You will land at the first Canadian airport. You can not arrive in Toronto and land in Calgary because you enter Canada in Toronto and that is where you go through immigration. Toronto to Calgary is a domestic flight so you don't go through immigration again.

respectall

Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 09, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009/ Submitted Apr 09, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 2010
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013
Leon said:
You can land at any airport in Canada although if you land in Quebec, you should show proof that you are travelling out of Quebec after landing. If you land in Toronto, that will be fine.

You will land at the first Canadian airport. You can not arrive in Toronto and land in Calgary because you enter Canada in Toronto and that is where you go through immigration. Toronto to Calgary is a domestic flight so you don't go through immigration again.
Dear Leon

Thanks for your reply

laythgrfx

May 19, 2013
Dear Leon,
Dear Vip members,

This is my first post here and kindly I have some questions ,
1. The CHC in London asked our PP and we sent them before 5 days ago, what do you thing ? how long it will take to stamp a visa ? any worrying about visa issuance ?.
2. What is the perfect city for Senior Graphics Designer, 3D animator and promotion Produce in Global TV broadcast for more then 10 years experience ?.
3. Or I start my business in computer repairing is better than looking for job ? and where ?.
4. My spouse is a lab-technician in microbiology and food microbiology, so do you thing we have to start finding city which is better for graphics designer or microbiologist ?? .

Any help will be appreciated .

regards.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Don't worry. It'll happen when it'll happen and then you have your visa.

2. and 4. I advise not settling fully until one of you has a job. Once you have your PR visa, start applying online and setting up interviews. When you go to Canada, do your interviews and then decide where to settle.

3. In my opinion, it's better that you get the feel of how things work in Canada by working for somebody else before you decide to start your own business but of course it is up to you.

Ayham Ahouban

Sep 8, 2012
Hello, :)

which province or city is the best for a new comer who is a fresh graduate in business Finance & Banking major with good English language skills and training ?

thanks by advance

laythgrfx

May 19, 2013
Leon said:
1. Don't worry. It'll happen when it'll happen and then you have your visa.

2. and 4. I advise not settling fully until one of you has a job. Once you have your PR visa, start applying online and setting up interviews. When you go to Canada, do your interviews and then decide where to settle.

3. In my opinion, it's better that you get the feel of how things work in Canada by working for somebody else before you decide to start your own business but of course it is up to you.

Thank you bro.

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello

--- Can anyone suggest which city is good according to Jobs, house rent and weather in canada.

--- Some suggest to land in Calgary, if I land in calgary then in which region can I find Indians?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello everyone,

I NEED INFORMATION REGARDING EDMONTON

--- can u pls tell me what abt job in Edmonton? it is better than calgary? My husband i warehouse incharge can he gets job easily in
Shopping mall.

--- I know first of all for few months we have to struggle and can accept any type of job, i mean to say can we get job easily in shopping
mall, retail shops, Grocessary shop etc etc.

--- What is minimum wages there?

--- What is monthly average costly?

--- what about weather?