+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHICH CITY TO LAND ? -for New Immigrants

emankath

Apr 13, 2012
tanx alot qorax and aspire. atleast may idea na kami now.. wel consider ur advice.
another question lan po, particular ba sila sa working experience? my wife has 10mos working experience and 3mos. nag volunteer..

:) :) :)

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Yes, they are very particular of the ff:

1. School where you graduated in the Philippines. Unfortunately, not all nursing certificates from the Philippines are accredited :(
2. Kind and length of real nursing experience
3. Status and accreditation of the hospital where you got your foreign experience

emankath said:
tanx alot qorax and aspire. atleast may idea na kami now.. wel consider ur advice.
another question lan po, particular ba sila sa working experience? my wife has 10mos working experience and 3mos. nag volunteer..

:) :) :)

emankath

Apr 13, 2012
ahh okie.. tnx agen aspire..

any idea, anong job usually available for new immigrant? NO canadian experience kc kmi.. any job.. para lang may idea kami..

tnx..

ravipal257

Jul 15, 2010
hi quorax,

i am also looking forward to come to montreal probably in may or june, have many questions and doubts, think u can help me.
can send me an PM or email me at ravipal257 @ gmail.com or can search me on facebook through email

thanks in advance

Rv

Oct 17, 2011
Hi everyone,

I've been following forums from this site for quite some time especially where Qorax is active. I say you're indeed a blessing to those who already landed and for some who are still in process, and us who are just starting. And based on the helpful information I see here, it really help us a lot and gives us informed decisions.

Like the note from Aspire about the nursing needs in Manitoba. My whole family is in KSA right now and we'll start our application from here. Now at least we narrowed down our choice to either Ontario or Manitoba.

Cheers to all.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
aspire said:
You may land in Toronto, but I would suggest your wife apply RN registration in Manitoba,and settle there once she gets the license. BS Nursing from Philippines is recognized only as practical nurse in Toronto while bears the Bachelor's degree equivalence in Manitoba plus the fact that almost all hospitals here in Manitoba are falling short of nurses. I am a RN now in Manitoba working full time in a government hospital earning $36.57 an hour plus unlimited OT, and did not undergo any bridging programs. Did not mean to brag, but I would really encourage new immigrants to consider less immigrant destined provinces like Manitoba. Standard of living is low, life is simple, less applicants, compared to major cities like Toronto and Vancouver. For you Doc, sorry to tell tell that I do not know any physician from the Philippines who was able to practice their profession anywhere in Canada without being subjected to a bridging program, even here in Manitoba. But once your wife becomes a RN here, then you do not have to worry much about yours, as you have said you are willing to work any job, it is easy here in Manitoba. I know one friend, she is a RN in Toronto, but can't find a hospital job. She applied in Manitoba, became an RN and worked here for 2 years. When she got the "Canadian hospital experience" she then applied in one of the hospitals in Toronto and got hired. Now she finally got what she really wanted, but have to make Manitoba as a stepping stone. You can take the same route too :)

Hi Aspire!

I'm currently in Vancouver,BC right now. I'm already licensed as an RN but it's so hard to get a job here as a nurse especially since I'm an IEN. One of the health authorities even wanted me to take a re-entry program for a year.

I'm seriously considering moving to Manitoba right now but I'm not so sure if I will be granted to have like an endorsement of license. I inquired with Alberta, they said tha I still would have to apply as an IEN since I don't have experience here in BC (initial province of registration). I'm just wondering if it's the same with Manitoba. My only experience is working in a nursing home in the US.

I hope you can share whatever you know about endorsement of license and my chances of finding a job there in the hospital especially if my experience is only in the nursing home.

Thanks so much

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
To apply for reciprocity:

http://www.crnm.mb.ca/applicants-canadian.php

To apply for work after successful registration in Manitoba:

http://www.winnipeghealthregion.ca/careers/index.html

I have not heard any single RN here that does not have a job here as a nurse.

God Bless.

quami said:
Hi Aspire!

I'm currently in Vancouver,BC right now. I'm already licensed as an RN but it's so hard to get a job here as a nurse especially since I'm an IEN. One of the health authorities even wanted me to take a re-entry program for a year.

I'm seriously considering moving to Manitoba right now but I'm not so sure if I will be granted to have like an endorsement of license. I inquired with Alberta, they said tha I still would have to apply as an IEN since I don't have experience here in BC (initial province of registration). I'm just wondering if it's the same with Manitoba. My only experience is working in a nursing home in the US.

I hope you can share whatever you know about endorsement of license and my chances of finding a job there in the hospital especially if my experience is only in the nursing home.

Thanks so much

Oct 17, 2011
Hi Aspire,

Just a question, does Manitoba consider nurses applying from outside Canada? Is there any hospitals you may know in Manitoba looking for RN's? Thanks in advance.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
They used to. They hired me before landing. But not any more this time. As I've said they've changed rules in 2011. I only had GN license when they hired me.

finallydecided said:
Hi Aspire,

Just a question, does Manitoba consider nurses applying from outside Canada? Is there any hospitals you may know in Manitoba looking for RN's? Thanks in advance.

kazuhirowatanabe_30

Sep 16, 2011
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with my documents
File Transfer...
03-10-2011
Med's Request
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
22-11-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
02-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully September 2012
thank you.
i definitely need this post.
thank you!

carby

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
22-03-2011
Med's Done....
05-04-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
quami said:
Hi Aspire!

Thanks so much
I'm currently an RN here in Nova Scotia and applied for an endorsement to Manitoba, in less than a month after filing my application I got my Manitoba RN license. As long as you hold an active-practicing license there in BC, hindi ka na mahihirapan. I didn't even mention in my application that I'm currently working here as an RN because they're asking if you have 450 Canadian hours and I've only been working for a month when I applied. Marami daw trabaho according to our friend there and mas mataas sweldo kaya lipat kami. :)

edujrn

Apr 9, 2012
carby said:
I'm currently an RN here in Nova Scotia and applied for an endorsement to Manitoba, in less than a month after filing my application I got my Manitoba RN license. As long as you hold an active-practicing license there in BC, hindi ka na mahihirapan. I didn't even mention in my application that I'm currently working here as an RN because they're asking if you have 450 Canadian hours and I've only been working for a month when I applied. Marami daw trabaho according to our friend there and mas mataas sweldo kaya lipat kami. :)
try to apply in saskatchewan ;-)

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
how is the weather in manitoba?
any comparisons with other provinces?
please advice

all the best!