FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kg_bang said:
Dear Qurox,

Wht abt saskatoon n regina?
V r planning to go there in this june n settle as i want to sponsor my sister after 2 yrs.
Wht u will suggest?

regards,
kg
What about Indore w.r.t. India? Or Jabbalpur w.r.t. India?
No, I'm not talking of Gwalior, remember that.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Worst: Toronto - End up driving Cab

Best: Vancouver - Good chance to get job in your field, best weather wise and poeple

va2ca

Jan 17, 2012
Does anyone know if the US CPA is recognized in Canada and can you get jobs based on that.

Thanks!

PAMM4U

Dec 11, 2011
Respected Qoarax & all friends here,
I have skilled worker visa for me,my wife & 1yr baby.I am primary applicant & planning to land next month.I have two queries......

1)First is that should i go first there and call my family after few months or we all should go together?
2)Second is that what about my PR card, SIN , Medical cards or other documents and formalities if i will go alone there?

0ne thing is that I have 2 to 3 months arrangement for shelter my family in TORONTO at my cousin's home.....Pls suggest me the better option......should I go alone or together with my family there.. i will be very thankful to u ...

with regards
pamm :) :) :)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PAMM4U said:
Respected Qoarax & all friends here,
I have skilled worker visa for me,my wife & 1yr baby.I am primary applicant & planning to land next month.I have two queries......

1)First is that should i go first there and call my family after few months or we all should go together?
2)Second is that what about my PR card, SIN , Medical cards or other documents and formalities if i will go alone there?
0ne thing is that I have 2 to 3 months arrangement for shelter my family in TORONTO at my cousin's home.....Pls suggest me the better option......should I go alone or together with my family there.. i will be very thankful to u ...
with regards
Hi, pamm,

1. Why you have to leave your family behind? While you have shelter at your cousin's home 2 to 3 month? You will get the at least survival job within few weeks. It is not wise to leave your wife with 1 year old baby and later she have to travel alone. Best option for you is to land together.
2. There is no problem in getting the PR Card, SIN card and Medical Insurance card if you will land alone or with family procedure and process is the same. When your family (in case if they will came later) their PR, SIN and Health Card will be process after their landing.

I hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk

kartekei

Apr 4, 2012
Hi i am a registered Pharmacist in India and additionally i did MS in clinical research too now i am looking for a good opportunity in Canada. i need reference to step forward in Canada, or please reffer me some employment agencies who deals with pharmaceuticals.

PAMM4U

Dec 11, 2011
respected Qorax,
I have skilled worker visas for canada along with my wife and 1 yr baby. I am the primary applicant.I am a production engineer( textile) & my wife is MSc B.ED. We will manage shelter for 2 to 3 months there after landing at my cousin's house. I have two queries.......

1)should i land first and call my family after few months?
2)what about my PR card,sin card,medical card and other documents if i land first?

pls give ur valuable sugession i shall be very thankful to u

with regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
PAMM4U said:
respected Qorax,
I have skilled worker visas for canada along with my wife and 1 yr baby. I am the primary applicant.I am a production engineer( textile) & my wife is MSc B.ED. We will manage shelter for 2 to 3 months there after landing at my cousin's house. I have two queries.......

1)should i land first and call my family after few months?
2)what about my PR card,sin card,medical card and other documents if i land first?

pls give ur valuable sugession i shall be very thankful to u

with regards
1. U could, many do that. But, if u have a pre-arranged accom u could take ur family as well. Usually ppl lave their family behind to get settled, fetch a job, a house & then bring them in. But, a job could take a while, around 3-5 months... thus, if the visa expiry isn't an issue - u r looking at binging ur family in around 6 month's time. However, if their visas do expire earlier, it gets pointless to get them later - in 2-3 month's time, b'coz by then nothing much'd change in ur settlement foray.

2. Those cards aren't an issue. As u have ur COPR u r good to go... for job, accom, everything. In any case the SIN is issued to u imdtly upon applying, while the OHIP [if it's Ontario] will take 90 days to become eligible. It's same day in AB & MB though. And it's immaterial when the PR cards arrive.

Qorax

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
P.S - OHIP is free, in BC you pay MSP unless your are unemployed or company pays $64/mo single person

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
Hello Everyone,

I have applied under FSW-NOC- Health Insurance claims examiner profile-1233.I just want to know whether my occupation falls under regulated occupation.Secondly I don"t have any Canadian experience hence after reaching there can I get job as per my desired profile.Where should I land in Canada to get better job.

Most of the forum members after landing have bitter experience .As per them Canadian employers require /expect Canadian experience which is not present to the new immigrant,hence new immigrants gets no jobs in Canada and ultimately landed up with Cab driving,security personnel. Someone Kindly throw light on this.

Secondly my father is senior citizen of India,I just want to know whether he is entitled to get any sort of pension /or any benefits from Govt of Canada and if yes when he is eligible after reaching Canada.

emankath

Apr 13, 2012
Hi..

Im a first time immigrant and i need help on deciding which city I will land, toronto or alberta. Im from the philippines. im a doctor and my wife is a nurse we have one 2yr old daughter. im open for any job. we have distant relatives at toronto. pls advise. tnx ;)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
emankath said:
Hi..

Im a first time immigrant and i need help on deciding which city I will land, toronto or alberta. Im from the philippines. im a doctor and my wife is a nurse we have one 2yr old daughter. im open for any job. we have distant relatives at toronto. pls advise. tnx ;)
U should go to Toronto b'coz of that.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
You may land in Toronto, but I would suggest your wife apply RN registration in Manitoba,and settle there once she gets the license. BS Nursing from Philippines is recognized only as practical nurse in Toronto while bears the Bachelor's degree equivalence in Manitoba plus the fact that almost all hospitals here in Manitoba are falling short of nurses. I am a RN now in Manitoba working full time in a government hospital earning $36.57 an hour plus unlimited OT, and did not undergo any bridging programs. Did not mean to brag, but I would really encourage new immigrants to consider less immigrant destined provinces like Manitoba. Standard of living is low, life is simple, less applicants, compared to major cities like Toronto and Vancouver. For you Doc, sorry to tell tell that I do not know any physician from the Philippines who was able to practice their profession anywhere in Canada without being subjected to a bridging program, even here in Manitoba. But once your wife becomes a RN here, then you do not have to worry much about yours, as you have said you are willing to work any job, it is easy here in Manitoba. I know one friend, she is a RN in Toronto, but can't find a hospital job. She applied in Manitoba, became an RN and worked here for 2 years. When she got the "Canadian hospital experience" she then applied in one of the hospitals in Toronto and got hired. Now she finally got what she really wanted, but have to make Manitoba as a stepping stone. You can take the same route too :)

emankath said:
Hi..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aspire said:
You may land in Toronto, but I would suggest your wife apply RN registration in Manitoba,and settle there once she gets the license. BS Nursing from Philippines is recognized only as practical nurse in Toronto while bears the Bachelor's degree equivalence in Manitoba plus the fact that almost all hospitals here in Manitoba are falling short of nurses. I am a RN now in Manitoba working full time in a government hospital earning $36.57 an hour plus unlimited OT, and did not undergo any bridging programs. Did not mean to brag, but I would really encourage new immigrants to consider less immigrant destined provinces like Manitoba. Standard of living is low, life is simple, less applicants, compared to major cities like Toronto and Vancouver. For you Doc, sorry to tell tell that I do not know any physician from the Philippines who was able to practice their profession anywhere in Canada without being subjected to a bridging program, even here in Manitoba. But once your wife becomes a RN here, then you do not have to worry much about yours, as you have said you are willing to work any job, it is easy here in Manitoba. I know one friend, she is a RN in Toronto, but can't find a hospital job. She applied in Manitoba, became an RN and worked here for 2 years. When she got the "Canadian hospital experience" she then applied in one of the hospitals in Toronto and got hired. Now she finally got what she really wanted, but have to make Manitoba as a stepping stone. You can take the same route too :)
Very well said... Thanx for the imp. Infoshare too.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Thank you, Captain Qoarx Sir, whatever success me and my family is enjoying here in Canada now, you were part of it. From day 1 of our FSW application you were there to guide me. After landing its been almost 10 months and just this week I was able to go back to this forum, and just amazed to know that you are still very active helping would be Canadian immigrants. Thank you very much for all your help Sir, you are an angel to many. You are :) :) :)

qorax said:
Very well said... Thanx for the imp. Infoshare too.