+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which application first, PR or WP extension?

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi,
I got ITA and now have all the document to submit my PR application. At the same time, I have to renew my current WP which is going to expire.
In the WP extension application, it asks if you have applied for permanent residence? In my case I can file either of the applications first. Does it make any difference if I submit PR first or WP extension first?
I also have another question regarding the medical. I did medical for my PR application. In the WP extension questionnaire it asks if you did a medical test in the last 12 months. I don't know what to answer, because my medical test was not performed for my WP application.
Thanks for your help in advance

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you need to apply for PR first....

Say yes for the medical.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezasorna said:
Hi,
I got ITA and now have all the document to submit my PR application. At the same time, I have to renew my current WP which is going to expire.
In the WP extension application, it asks if you have applied for permanent residence? In my case I can file either of the applications first. Does it make any difference if I submit PR first or WP extension first?
I also have another question regarding the medical. I did medical for my PR application. In the WP extension questionnaire it asks if you did a medical test in the last 12 months. I don't know what to answer, because my medical test was not performed for my WP application.
Thanks for your help in advance
I submitted PR first, just because I submitted it before I had to renew my OWP. I said I had applied for PR, and that I had done a medical test. It doesn't matter which way you do it, as they go to different offices and get processed by different people, and you are allowed to apply for both, after all.

In my case, my old OWP ends today, the new one hasn't finished processing yet, though my partner has his new study permit so I'm confident the OWP will go through, and I am Decision Made, awaiting a PPR letter. On Tuesday, I'll be on implied status if I haven't heard about PR yet.

Right now, temporary work permits are taking in excess of 100 days, so it helps to get the application in early!