+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which address to send passport application?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
So the government does it confusing once again. In the instruction section on canada.ca it says that the passport application needs to be send to Gatineau, QC (non-courier) however in the actual PDF appplication, it says to send it to Mississauga, ON (non-courier).

So the question is... to which city do I need to send my application? :rolleyes:

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
I sent my passport application last year to the courier address and it worked fine for me and i received my renewed passport after a month.
So just use the courier address

Reactions: Anford

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
So the government does it confusing once again. In the instruction section on canada.ca it says that the passport application needs to be send to Gatineau, QC (non-courier) however in the actual PDF appplication, it says to send it to Mississauga, ON (non-courier).

So the question is... to which city do I need to send my application? :rolleyes:

Send it through Canada express-post to the courier address (22 de Varennes Street one).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

I did see that address in the form I sent last month, but I am not from BC, Yukon, or NWT so it did not apply to me.

even if you’re from any of those, I don’t think it hurts to send to Gatineau. But you should also be safe to send to Mississauga if it applies to you. At worst, they will forward it anyway to a passport office across the country…I sent my docs to Gatineau but my certificate was returned fron Kelowna, BC!

i sent Xpresspost to the K1A mailing address just fine. The mailing address is specifically for Canada Post but there is no issue to use the courier address. Couriers cannot use the mail centre address because they need street numbers and names.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I would recommend using the address on the website :

If you’re applying by mail
Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents.

Mailing address (non-courier)
Government of Canada
Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
Canada

Courier address
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
Canada
Also, walk-in services are now available at some locations :

If you’re applying in person
By appointment

• You need to complete the online Service Canada form (opens in a new tab).
    • complete the required fields
    • click on Passport services: appointment request for a passport service
    • check the box beside If you need to apply in person, select this option
  • Service Canada will call you back to schedule your appointment.
Without an appointment (walk-in)
You can go to any passport office (Service Canada Centre
Passport Services) or Service Canada Centre that offers passport services without an appointment (also called walk-in services).

Walk-in services are not guaranteed. They may not be available at busy locations.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
That's excellent news.

Did you select the "Express Pickup" option at Passport Canada?
No but I selected “in-person” pick up for extra $20. That’s how little I trust in Canada Post which would be free if I let them send it to my home address but I prefer to pick it up in person. Canada Post has lost some of my mail previously.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
No but I selected “in-person” pick up for extra $20. That’s how little I trust in Canada Post which would be free if I let them send it to my home address but I prefer to pick it up in person. Canada Post has lost some of my mail previously.
Okay cool! Looks like you used the "Standard Pickup" option. You are going to pick up the passport on the 11th Business day.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-canada.html

I wonder if "Express Pickup" option is available now.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Depends on location, Express Pickup is available now at passport service in Edmonton with $50 extra.
Yup. It is available in Mississauga office as well. The best part is you don't have to provide a proof of travel for Express applications (unlike for urgent application for which proof of travel is necessary + additional CAD 110 fee).

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Yup. It is available in Mississauga office as well. The best part is you don't have to provide a proof of travel for Express applications (unlike for urgent application for which proof of travel is necessary + additional CAD 110 fee).
Really wish they have express applications for citizenship too hahaha just pay extra fee and get it as soon as possible hahaha.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Are any of the GTA offices taking walk-ins?