+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to write to notify IRCC about travelling?

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
I will be traveling out of country in summer, so I want to notify IRCC so that they do not schedule my oath for the time of my absence. What is a proper way of doing this?

kl_king

Oct 20, 2017
You can send them an online message, but it may not do anything. I sent a note saying I would be unable to receive any mail from the beginning of April to 15th May. Didn't stop them scheduling my test for the 10th May. Fortunately I was back in Toronto one weekend to pick up the notice and flew in for the morning to do the test. I didn't fancy the delay of trying to reschedule.

The phone service often just tells you that nobody is available and then hangs up on you.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I would strongly advise against re-scheduling oath..........take it when it comes, EVEN at the price of an extra ticket

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
It is not a re-scheduling, I do not have an oath scheduled yet. I just want them not schedule the oath for certain times.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
It is not a re-scheduling, I do not have an oath scheduled yet. I just want them not schedule the oath for certain times.
I doubt if it possible to tell them the times you want your oath to be scheduled.... history shows that they schedule when and how they want .... if you are unable to attend then they will also schedule as per their liking

Allowing applicants to choose specific times and dates in a system already clogged up would be an operational nightmare

Also having waited for so long to get to this stage of processing I would advise that another 2 months of waiting may not be to your liking.....

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
I don't want to tell them when to schedule, I just want to tell when not to schedule. At the interview, the officer explicitly told me that if I plan to travel I have to notify them so that they do not schedule my oath during my absence. Now, my fault is that I didn't ask, how they want me to notify them.
Maybe, there is a way to send them a regular mail? This should be more official than internet form or calls, which they (I suppose that they often just ignore communications via those channels).

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
GTA offices are really slow scheduling oaths anyways so it's not always best to tell CIC to not schedule.
Trust me they put those files on a back bench somewhere, not worth it.
Take a chance and fly back if oath scheduled.......otherwise enjoy vacation

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
It's not about the vacations, it's about business. At certain dates I won't be in Canada no matter what. So, I just want to try to communicate with them now telling not to schedule during that dates, otherwise I will have to contact them for re-scheduling. I assume that first option is better.

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
If I go outside of Canada for 16 days
Do I need to tell Cic

My Wife will be in Canada she can access our mailbox and I can access my email and Ecas

Need advise pls pls

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I don't want to tell them when to schedule, I just want to tell when not to schedule. At the interview, the officer explicitly told me that if I plan to travel I have to notify them so that they do not schedule my oath during my absence. .
Still, they will plan whenever, whatever. You make it for the date, good, if not, reschedule. It is simple not possible to schedule around everyone. That means you may have to wait for months..

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
It's not about the vacations, it's about business. At certain dates I won't be in Canada no matter what. So, I just want to try to communicate with them now telling not to schedule during that dates, otherwise I will have to contact them for re-scheduling. I assume that first option is better.
It is simple. Just call them on the phone (will have to wait on hold for a while) or use the online Web form. Whether they actually avoid those days or not is out of our hands. People need to travel for business as part of their job. Most of the time IRCC will understand and schedule accordingly.

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Still, they will plan whenever, whatever. You make it for the date, good, if not, reschedule. It is simple not possible to schedule around everyone. That means you may have to wait for months..
Why do you think re-scheduling will make smaller delay comparing to an advance notice of unavailability?